PDA

View Full Version : child drawing in each corner of page?

loocyloo
21-11-2012, 09:25 PM
just need to share!

not sure where exactly to put this as an observation, but my 20mth mindee sat drawing this afternoon, and holding the pen more or less correctly :eek: (not been shown by me, older sibling has not a clue! and i do show them! ) carefully did little scribbles in each corner of the page, then there was a bus on one quarter of a page ( having been on the bus today, older LOS wanted a bus to colour! ) and then did little scribbles all over the bus, and on the wheels, but not much on the rest of the page! was very quiet and concentrated too!

i have a photo of LO holding pen, and of the finished picture, but WOW! you would have thought it was one of the 3 yr olds AT LEAST that had done this picture. LO hasn't done this before and we do lots of mark making!

sarah707
21-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Early mark making is linked to physical development - handling.

Sounds like a lovely obs :D

loocyloo
21-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Early mark making is linked to physical development - handling.

Sounds like a lovely obs :D

thank you!

am chuffed with it as an ob, as LO not done anything worth making a note of for the past 3 weeks! i know they have to consolidate stuff, but i was starting to get twitchy about not having anything in her book!

jo.jo76
21-11-2012, 10:13 PM
How lovely! Must be the week for it!
So far this week I have 3 great observations for 3 different children, one of which I was starting to get concerned about as he wasn't talking, today says to me "lunch, sandwich, lunch" and then answered me when I spoke to him. I was gobsmacked! lol