PDA

View Full Version : first aid box contents??????

Teresa
21-06-2008, 06:17 PM
could anyone help me out with a list of what we should have in our first aid boxes according to ofsted

Jinx
21-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't know if there is an actual list from ofsted...that would make far too much sense for them! lol
This is the box I have.
http://www.stjohnsupplies.co.uk/products/default.asp?productID=F38888
I have removed the scissors, tweezers and safety pins!

My inspector was happy with it. :thumbsup:

Jinx x

manjay
21-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Our trainer told us today that over the border there were now OFSTED approved kits available. These I would think give a good idea what they like to see in them.

http://www.medisave.co.uk/childcare-first-aid-kit-ofsted-approved-p-8018.html

Apparently CSSIW can't decide what we should have in ours so it is a bit hit and miss

Jinx
21-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Our trainer told us today that over the border there were now OFSTED approved kits available. These I would think give a good idea what they like to see in them.

http://www.medisave.co.uk/childcare-first-aid-kit-ofsted-approved-p-8018.html

Apparently CSSIW can't decide what we should have in ours so it is a bit hit and miss

Thats interesting... They approve having scissors and safety pins now then!! lol. :laughing: We were told at our first aid course that some inspectors will ask you to justify why you need both items in your box! If its approved by ofsted then they shouldn't be asking! But then, this is ofsted we're talking about!!! :laughing:

Jinx x

Teresa
21-06-2008, 07:30 PM
thaks thinki got everything i need in there for inspection next week

miffy
21-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I've always been told to have whatever is recommended by whoever delivers your first aid course.

It doesn't say hypoallergenic plasters either just washable ones.

miffy xx

Rubybubbles
21-06-2008, 08:03 PM
miffy my most recenty first aid they didn't even talk about first aid kits! does this mean I don't need one lol:laughing:

I have this one btw http://www.redcross.org.uk/shop/product.asp?id=59712&category=59095 notice it has gone up in about a month, it was only 12.99 not long ago:mad:

miffy
21-06-2008, 08:05 PM
miffy my most recenty first aid they didn't even talk about first aid kits! does this mean I don't need one lol:laughing:

Cheeky!! Can't see Ofsted falling for that one, can you?

miffy xx

Tatia
22-06-2008, 09:50 AM
My first aid instructor said he didn't like to tell people what to put in their kits cos then we'd have to be trained thoroughly for each item as it would become their responsibility!:mad:

I just bought a commercial kit and my inspector was fine with it, didn't even look inside. I know in the NVQ3 paperwork, there is an activity that lists everything you should have and I used that to make sure I was covered. Unfortunately, do not have my paperwork back from EV yet but will post the complete list when I do.

kindredspirits
23-06-2008, 09:08 PM
:thumbsup: ohh thanks for those links - i was trying to debate which first aid kit to buy, i think i'll go with the red cross one!

theoldwoman
23-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I did a first aid course through childminding and at the end we were all given (free) a large orange box with 'childminders first aid' on it full of everything you need - worth giving up a saturday for, almost
Sue

childminder54
23-06-2008, 10:00 PM
i did my first aid course and all we had free was coffee and bisc..

veronicaxx

theoldwoman
23-06-2008, 10:30 PM
As well as the first aid box we got a really super lunch (choice of about 6 different things), don't know if it will ever happen again, must have been a mistake. The bloke who did it was really nice too, tall (about 6'6') dark and an excellent teacher.:clapping: :laughing:

Sue

elephant lover
10-07-2008, 07:07 PM
I had my inspection 3 months ago she asked if i had a first aid box but didn't ask where it was or look in it.

Teresa
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I had my inspection 3 months ago she asked if i had a first aid box but didn't ask where it was or look in it.

this happened to me too

miffy
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM

Same here but I have had inspectors who have unpacked it and gone through everything!

Miffy xx

Bushpig
24-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I have the medisave one - expensive by has all things needed I think.
The inspector on Tuesday did not even ask to see it...

Trouble
24-07-2008, 09:48 PM
my hubby is a first aid trainer id like to see them argue the tost about whats in my first aid box,, we even have little junior in my understairs cupboard!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 06:14 AM
my hubby is a first aid trainer id like to see them argue the tost about whats in my first aid box,, we even have little junior in my understairs cupboard!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You have a CHILD i your understairs cupboard????? ;)

SimplyLucy
28-07-2008, 06:22 AM
When the inspector asked to see my firstaid box last week I showed it to her and asked if there was a set list of items.

She said there wasn't and the only thing she was concerned with was making sure the items in there weren't out of date. She was happy with mine.

I just go along with the list I got given at my firstaid course and check the dates regularly.

I buy all my firstaid box items from poundland. You can get loads of different bits and bobs in there and obviously being poundland they are very cheap.

miffy
28-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Thanks for that Lucy - never thought of looking in Poundland for first aid bits

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-07-2008, 06:53 AM
You have a CHILD i your understairs cupboard????? ;)

Of course she does... where do you keep yours?? :p

devoncm
29-07-2008, 03:54 PM
In the loft-theyre only allowed down when we got visitors:laughing: :laughing:

mertonparker
18-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi,
I got the list of contents from www.bromleycma.org, think they still have the list on there.

mertonparker.x

balloon
18-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I was told by my Ofsted inspector that I had to have hyperallergenic plasters, not antiseptic or 'silver' ones, and we were not allowed to have antiseptic wipes (both because of any allergies), if that's any help to anybody. (I had to take mine out of my first aid pack).

Does Environmental health require CMs to wear eyetec plaster if preparing or serving food?

ButtonMoon
24-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi - having 4 sons of my own, my first aid box is chokerbloke lol...... I do not have seperate one for my minded kids........ and everything is in the one box including scissors and tweezers....... I told me inspector that one first aid box is suffice for everyone...... she agreed LOL

Everyso often I just go to Wilkinsons and stock up on everything :)....

x

rickysmiths
24-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I was told by my Ofsted inspector that I had to have hyperallergenic plasters, not antiseptic or 'silver' ones, and we were not allowed to have antiseptic wipes (both because of any allergies), if that's any help to anybody. (I had to take mine out of my first aid pack).

inDoes Environmental health require CMs to wear eyetec plaster if preparing or servg food?

Not sure but I have them in my box anyway.

Buttonmoon you should not have tweezers in your first aid box and you sissors should be round ended.