PDA

View Full Version : The rain hasn't stopped!

JCrakers
21-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I know it's probably the same everywhere :(
At the moment it's absolutely hammering it down and I've got school run in an hr and a half.

I'm not insured to drive mindees even though the car is on the drive but i couldn't fit them all in anyway as I have a 3 yr old here and six to pick up but I was thinking earlier, its times like this when we are going to get absolutely drenched that hubbie could come in useful.
He's upstairs and can give us a lift. (I think) it's his company car and he's insured for personal and business.

My plan would be the two of us drive down to school (2mins away but 10 min walk) with 3 yr old in car seat and pick up 2 youngest mindees leaving the other 4 older ones in reception.
He then drops us off at home, I stay here with the 3 yr old and two mindees whilst he goes back down and collects the other 4.

Would he need to be a registered assistant to be able to do this?

eddie
21-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Not sure but think he would have to be a registered assistant to leave the children with him in anything other than an emergency situation. Tipping down here as well.... I hate winter.

hectors house
21-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I know it's probably the same everywhere :(
At the moment it's absolutely hammering it down and I've got school run in an hr and a half.

I'm not insured to drive mindees even though the car is on the drive but i couldn't fit them all in anyway as I have a 3 yr old here and six to pick up but I was thinking earlier, its times like this when we are going to get absolutely drenched that hubbie could come in useful.
He's upstairs and can give us a lift. (I think) it's his company car and he's insured for personal and business.

My plan would be the two of us drive down to school (2mins away but 10 min walk) with 3 yr old in car seat and pick up 2 youngest mindees leaving the other 4 older ones in reception.
He then drops us off at home, I stay here with the 3 yr old and two mindees whilst he goes back down and collects the other 4.

Would he need to be a registered assistant to be able to do this?

I would definitely get him registered as an assistant and I would stay at home in the dry and send him out in the rain to do school run! He would need to do a first aid course too as he would be unsupervised with the schoolies.

Stopped raining here now and dare I say it "sun" shining! - so out for a walk with kids & dogs in a minute.

TNT
21-11-2012, 01:56 PM
I have often wondered the same about my OH. Sometimes he is walking home from work past the school at the same time as I am collecting (my son and 1 mindee).
I might also get to boss him about if he is my assistant:clapping:

loocyloo
21-11-2012, 01:58 PM
although, i am sure that it was agreed somewhere, sometime, that assistants don't need first aid, IF the only time they are alone with the children is on the school run? hmmm...off to search forum!