PDA

View Full Version : random query of the day/week

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Has anyone ever made the blue peter Christmas advent thingy (technical term

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or ambition having a warped flashback.

mum24
20-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Hmmm, no never made the advent thingy, but did once make a pair of Blue Peter slippers out of carboard and felt:laughing:

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I meant am I bit my phone wanted me to look silly and say ambition - resisting the urge to stamp on it

karens knippers
20-11-2012, 08:34 PM
do you mean the one with 2 coat hangers, tinsel and baubles? I remember that one, though never made it. It is on youtube.

silvermist
20-11-2012, 08:37 PM
The coat hanger thingymebob, never made it sorry xx

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 08:40 PM
do you mean the one with 2 coat hangers, tinsel and baubles? I remember that one, though never made it. It is on youtube.

Thats the one off to YouTube.

Strange the things that you remember :thumbsup:

cathtee
20-11-2012, 08:42 PM
always wanted to make one but never have, don't think I have any metal coat hangers anymore.

loocyloo
20-11-2012, 08:44 PM
never made it, often wondered though!

don't think i've ever made anything from blue peter. i loved it though and have ALL the annuals from 1967 -1985 !! i'mnot that old, but i made a point of collecting them and buying old ones from jumble sales etc. having just had to look to see what years i had, i thought i had more recent ones, but they don't seem to be in my collection !!! hmmm ... i feel a spot of shopping coming on !;)

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 08:46 PM
always wanted to make one but never have, don't think I have any metal coat hangers anymore.

Have really got to make it now maybe I would finally get a badge :laughing:

Sure we made big Christmas crackers too as a child

silvermist
20-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Have really got to make it now maybe I would finally get a badge :laughing:

Sure we made big Christmas crackers too as a child

If you make one, post a picture on here and I promise to make you a badge!!!:D:D

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 08:49 PM
never made it, often wondered though!

don't think i've ever made anything from blue peter. i loved it though and have ALL the annuals from 1967 -1985 !! i'mnot that old, but i made a point of collecting them and buying old ones from jumble sales etc. having just had to look to see what years i had, i thought i had more recent ones, but they don't seem to be in my collection !!! hmmm ... i feel a spot of shopping coming on !;)

We could start a new trend revival of the blue peter crafts.

Does anyone watch anymore I don't?

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 08:50 PM
If you make one, post a picture on here and I promise to make you a badge!!!:D:D

Deal x x

You will all be making them next :laughing:

silvermist
20-11-2012, 08:50 PM

Nah, not anymore xx

loocyloo
20-11-2012, 08:55 PM

i sometimes catch the odd 5 minutes, but it never seems to be on at a 'sensible' time anymore! DS likes it, but i think he is usually going out when it is on!

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 08:59 PM
i sometimes catch the odd 5 minutes, but it never seems to be on at a 'sensible' time anymore! DS likes it, but i think he is usually going out when it is on!

My children have never asked for it to be put on :(

Maybe I need to encourage them ( I just want a badge I never got a badge think it had caused some deep rooted issues)

bunyip
20-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Ah yes, the advent crown.

We made it at school with a teacher who lacked the wit to use flame retardent tinsel. She applied a cigarette lighter to the first candle and WOOOFFFF!!!!! Alarm bells everywhere and an impromtu classroom evacuation ensued.

Oh yes - them were t'days. :laughing:

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 09:09 PM

We made it at school with a teacher who lacked the wit to use flame retardent tinsel. She applied a cigarette lighter to the first candle and WOOOFFFF!!!!! Alarm bells everywhere and an impromtu classroom evacuation ensued.

That's it the Advent crown only slightly better than the advent thingy :D

They certainly were the days doubt if teAchers would be able to use a wire coat hanger these days never mind actual matches :laughing:

Mouse
20-11-2012, 09:17 PM
I didn't know Blue Peter was still on.

I once made Sindy furniture out of toothpaste boxes, matchboxes & split pins. Whenever I see a matchbox now I think how it would make a lovely little draw if I just covered it in stickyback plastic & used a split pin for the knob :laughing::clapping:

Mouse
20-11-2012, 09:20 PM

Ah, those were the days. Back in the dark ages when teachers were allowed cigarette lighters in the classroom & when health and safety was a mere glint in some do-gooders eye :rolleyes:

Blaze
20-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I have a Blue Peter badge!:p:laughing::D

bunyip
20-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Ah, those were the days. Back in the dark ages when teachers were allowed cigarette lighters in the classroom & when health and safety was a mere glint in some do-gooders eye :rolleyes:

We had a physics teacher who practically lived in his lab. He made tea and toast which he tucked into during lessons, and frequently smoked a pipe in class.

Our art teacher used to pick a pair of us to send to the newsagents for "18 Marlboro" when we said they only come in 20's he'd reply "well if you know that, I expect you'll each have one on the way back, you little buggers!"

...and we did. :D

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a Blue Peter badge!:p:laughing::D

There is always one :laughing::p

I want a badge ((stamping feet))

hectors house
20-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I didn't know Blue Peter was still on.

I once made Sindy furniture out of toothpaste boxes, matchboxes & split pins. Whenever I see a matchbox now I think how it would make a lovely little draw if I just covered it in stickyback plastic & used a split pin for the knob :laughing::clapping:

My mum made that bedroom scene with a cardboard box lined with wallpaper and the matchbox painted chest of drawers for my sindy (for those people younger than 35, sindy was like barbie but not a tart)!

silvermist
20-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I made the Thunderbird island for my friends son! x:D

Mouse
20-11-2012, 10:00 PM
We had a physics teacher who practically lived in his lab. He made tea and toast which he tucked into during lessons, and frequently smoked a pipe in class.

Our art teacher used to pick a pair of us to send to the newsagents for "18 Marlboro" when we said they only come in 20's he'd reply "well if you know that, I expect you'll each have one on the way back, you little buggers!"

...and we did. :D

Our Maths teacher used to spend the summer months sat on the balcony outside the classroom, chuffing away on his pipe and watching the cricket on the field below.

And do you know what, I bet we still learnt more than the kids learn today :rolleyes::laughing:

silvermist
20-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Here you go Fussy, now please, no more stamping your feet!!!!:D

FussyElmo
21-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Here you go Fussy, now please, no more stamping your feet!!!!:D

yay I have a badge :clapping::laughing:

Feel i should go and oragansie a bring and buy sell or something :D

Strangely we had a pipe smoking science teacher too - do you think it was part of their training :laughing:

Bananabrain
21-11-2012, 07:08 AM
I made the Thunderbird island for my friends son! x:D

Tracey island was the most popular 'make' on Blue Peter ever apparently. My son had a real one and mindees still play with it.

jillplum
21-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh the memories lol. After the Aberfan (spelling?) disaster my friend and I collected money and sent it to Blue Peter. We both got a badge. Sadly I have lost mine. Do you think I should write to them ?????

eddie
21-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Me and my friend organised a bring and buy sale and no one came :(

Think it is a bit more action than craft these days, all the presenters do mad things that John Noakes would never have done.