PDA

View Full Version : oral thrush

TNT
20-11-2012, 06:42 PM
My 6 year old son possibly has oral thrush, OH took him to the pharmacy tonight and got him some treatment but the pharmacist didnt even look at it, OH is a nurse so they decided to treat him anyway :(
Do I need to let people know? I intend to send him to school tomorrow but am not sure if I need to inform parents of mindees.

eddie
21-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Not had this one but suspect it is not easy to transmit so would personally not inform the parents. But I may be wrong....

TNT
21-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks for reply, I know it is a tricky one isnt it. It isnt on the NCMA infection control information so decided to text parent last night just to let her know (didnt really want to discuss it in the playground this morning as dont have her children until lunchtime). She was fine about it, to be honest I am not convinced he has it but am treating him anyway and will stick all his cups and cutlery in Milton just to be sure. They have said he is fine to go to school so will leave it at that.

marnieb
21-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I had a mindee with it - I'm sure you can't exclude for it, and here it was fine just stopped then kissing each other that week!!!! :D

TNT
21-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Haha
My 6 year old doesnt do kisses any more so think we will be fine. Thought I might get a sneaky day off if mindees mum decided she didnt want to send kids but no:p