PDA

View Full Version : Child car seat

MissTinkerbell
21-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I have a 20 month old starting with me in September and I need to get an extra car seat so that we can go out and about.

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced and safe car seat?

Thanks

chels55
21-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I recently had my car seat checked by trading standards who were doing free checks at the local supermarket, they said the one i have is one of the ones they recommend
its from Argos,its fisher price and costs approx £70 but check prices as i have seen it on offer for £39.99( after i paid full price rolleyes:) . its for ages 9 months to 4 years old it can also be used with a lap belt only

Annie_T
21-06-2008, 03:40 PM
all i can say is look in argos and halfords .. halfords even fit them free i believe

miffy
21-06-2008, 05:13 PM
My friend got a lovely car seat from T K Max at a bargain price - sorry can't remember the make but might be worth a little peek in there if you've a branch near you

miffy xx

Jinx
21-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I recently had my car seat checked by trading standards who were doing free checks at the local supermarket, they said the one i have is one of the ones they recommend
its from Argos,its fisher price and costs approx £70 but check prices as i have seen it on offer for £39.99( after i paid full price rolleyes:) . its for ages 9 months to 4 years old it can also be used with a lap belt only

Fisher price makes or is made by Britax. The one in Argos, Fisher price safe voyage is basically the Britax freeway. Its a good carseat and you can go on the britax site and check if it will fit your car, which is really useful.

:thumbsup:

Jinx x

chelle
21-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Netto's have been selling some this week a booster chair 9mths plus £19.99 if thats any good :D

MissTinkerbell
22-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Its hard knowing what to choose because I don't want to spend too much money but then I want to make sure my mindee is extremely safe when we are out in the car. Will check out both Argos and Halfords. Mind you I'm only 15 minutes from the new massive Kiddicare store and that's where we got our LOs car seats from and they're all Britax.

Thank you