PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with the babies?

JCrakers
20-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I was just wondering what everyone else does with small children while they go to the loo.
I have a 11m old who when she started 4m ago didn't crawl so I could nip to the loo and know she would still be in the same spot when I returned. The loo is downstairs and so I can hear the children as its next to the playroom.
Older children are left to play.

But now the 11 m old has just started to use everything to pull herself up including things that aren't stable so can't leave her for short lengths to have a wee.
The high hair is obviously not an option so I've started leaving the buggy in the kitchen which is next to the playroom so when I go to the loo I strap her in there.
What does everyone else do?

silvermist
20-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Hiya, my loo is downstairs, I just shut stairgates and go to bathroom but leave door open. My 2 babies just stand at the gate and wait for me or carry on playing. I can always hear them xx

FussyElmo
20-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I put mine in the travel cot :thumbsup:

mushpea
20-11-2012, 12:16 PM
I have a gate on the living room so I shut that, normaly the older 2 will soon tell me if shes up to no good and I can hear the older ones playing so know their ok, how about a travel cot aor strap in to a high chair

TNT
20-11-2012, 01:05 PM
I leave the older ones playing (2 and 3), shut the stairgate and put my youngest (7 months but been crawling for 2 months now) in travel cot in the kitchen with some soft toys. I try not to use it too often and change the toys regularly so he is distracted and is ok being left alone (he is going through seperation anxiety at the mo).

eddie
20-11-2012, 02:01 PM
I pop the littlest one in the travel cot or strap in the pushchair to keep them out of harms way. Helps that my toilet is downstairs and I try to wait till nap time to go :blush:

watgem
20-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I strap them in the buggy and park it close to the loo door which is slightly ajar so I can talk to them, but they can't get any glimpses

cathtee
20-11-2012, 09:01 PM
I strap my 11m old in the buggy at the bottom of the stairs so I can hear her, older ones I tell where I'm going and they carry on
playing. Not much else we can do we have to go when we have to

zippy
20-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I have one of those sit in activity things

Demonjill
20-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I have one of those sit in activity things

Ha ha:laughing:I thought you meant for you to go pee :laughing:

catswhiskers
20-11-2012, 10:42 PM
My loo is downstairs and so I would just take the 11 month old in with me. Also if the loo was upstairs would take him/her up there too.

I would have done that with my own children anyway, not even thinking about it!

miffy
20-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I would take the baby with me - often the others will follow too. Going to the loo on my own during working hours is a luxury! :laughing:

Miffy xx

tialil
20-11-2012, 11:19 PM
When I used to look after the little ones , I would either let them play if they were happy to with a gate closed either side of the playroom.For the ones who didnt like being away from me ,climbers, the ones just learning to walk , etc , I would have a buggy in the utility room by the downstairs loo and have the door on ajar so I could talk to little one but also listen out for the others.

Over the years you become an expert at going to the loo with minimum exposure lol