PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shaped pasta

miss mopple
20-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Just thought I'd pop on to let you know Lidl's are selling some great coloured pasta in Chistmas shapes for 99p a bag that are great for craft or sensory bins :thumbsup:

I also picked up a christmas shapes silicone baking pan for 2.99 and some lovely cardboard colour in play houses for 7.99 each as gifts for my two 2yr olds :D

Gotta love Lidls :clapping:

p.s- they also have their kids waterproofs in stock this week so if you need some get yourself down there as they are FAB!

sandy64
20-11-2012, 07:49 AM
thanks for sharing I see a visit to lidal:)

miffy
20-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks for that Miss Mopple - I'll be off to Lidl's too!

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
20-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Just a little warning when using uncooked pasta for craft and sensory stuff.

This was a bit of a freak accident but it happened none the less.

An ex minded family of mine has a 2yr old who had made a pasta necklace out of penne pasta at the toddler group she had been to with mum. When she got home she fell up a step and the necklace slipped up and the pasta pierced her face drawing blood and it has left a permanent scar.

k1rstie
20-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Just a little warning when using uncooked pasta for craft and sensory stuff.

This was a bit of a freak accident but it happened none the less.

An ex minded family of mine has a 2yr old who had made a pasta necklace out of penne pasta at the toddler group she had been to with mum. When she got home she fell up a step and the necklace slipped up and the pasta pierced her face drawing blood and it has left a permanent scare.

nasty - I suppose when it is dry, it can be really sharp

weecare
20-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: it will make a lovely sensory activity for the babies.

samb
20-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh Rickysmiths that's awful! Thanks for the warning.

What a great idea for a twist on sensory play. Thans for sharing

cathtee
20-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Off to lidls then, thanks for sharing, and thanks Rickysmiths for the warning :thumbsup: