PDA

View Full Version : Leapfrog Learn & Groove????

aly
21-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Could you tell me if I'm minding if I can use this?
I know the walkers [with wheels] you are not allowed to use
for safety and i'm wondering if this is the same??

I remember taking Poppy to the health visitor for one of her checkups
and she asked me if I was using anythign like that to help her stand
and I told her I had the learn & groove and she didn't like it and
advised I should stop?

So I have one here boxed and wondering if I can use it or if it's best
I should just sell it? [I'm not having any more babies]
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/leapfrog.jpg

God I can talk sorry
:laughing::laughing:

brit_chick
21-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Ive got on of these for the baby i mind for & he loves it & if we arnt ment to use them then i didnt know :huh:

aly
21-06-2008, 12:38 PM
it might jsut be the walkers?, but I just wanted to know first ;)

charleyfarley
21-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I've got the hopper popper, not used it for a mindee yet but as it isn't a walker I thought it was ok.

Carol xxx

kindredspirits
21-06-2008, 01:44 PM
i didn't know we weren't allowed to use walkers??? anyone know why?? my son virtually lived in one fron about 5 months as he hated being laid down due to reflux - mind you he could only walk it when we moved the mat in the lounge.

aly
21-06-2008, 01:49 PM
i didn't know we weren't allowed to use walkers??? anyone know why?? my son virtually lived in one fron about 5 months as he hated being laid down due to reflux - mind you he could only walk it when we moved the mat in the lounge.

The ICP tutor says that we can't use them for safety reasons. The chld could get hold of something and tip the walker over, or while walking if there is something on the floor the walker could roll over it and tip the walker up. all safety stuff rreally

Spangles
21-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I thought that we could use them (walkers) if we wanted to and if the parents agreed but should be aware of the possible dangers and keep a close eye.

I didn't think that we weren't actually allowed to use them?

Donkey
21-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I have the learn and groove for my daughter and I would use it if I ever have a small enough mindee. they are amazing, it has built her legs up no end. she is really sturdy on them. She doesnt have a walker, to be honest I think most of what health visitors say is personal opinion, but that is just me :)

Blaze
21-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I have one of those...my mindee spent some time in it during my inspection & it wasn't a problem...as long as there not left in there the whole day...they're fine...walkers are what we're not meant to use.:)

manjay
21-06-2008, 07:03 PM
I have one that my ds used. He loved it. I wouldn't have any problem with a mindee spending a short time in one

aly
22-06-2008, 11:37 AM
thanks all

I shall keep it then :thumbsup: