PDA

View Full Version : free milk

jackie 7
19-11-2012, 06:28 PM
I have been getting free milk and apart from when I moved it has been great. Now they have started out sending these emails which I find over the top i am coming out of it. To be honest I don't need a threatening email each month and have to validate it twice. i have heard of one system that sends the money each month, does anyone else use it?

margaret
19-11-2012, 07:15 PM
I use the free milk scheme and thought it great.But the last couple of months had nothing but problems,and as you say spending half my time validating claims ,complaining about milk arriving mid morning and recently being told if they cant get local milkman to deliver will have to go back to old system.I have gone back to old system,once a month and its done and dusted.

AliceK
19-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I use the free milk scheme and thought it great.But the last couple of months had nothing but problems,and as you say spending half my time validating claims ,complaining about milk arriving mid morning and recently being told if they cant get local milkman to deliver will have to go back to old system.I have gone back to old system,once a month and its done and dusted.

Completely agree. I am getting increasingly annoyed with having to validate it all and then being told I haven't done it. It feels like all I ever get is emails asking me to validate some month or other and their spreadsheets are rubbish. I have also just been told that they are trying to get a local milkman to take over the delivery. I think I'm just going to cancel it and buy it myself and put it through with my expenses when I do my tax returns.

xxxx

sarah707
19-11-2012, 07:30 PM
The Govt are making the companies ask us to validate our milk claim - I do mine every week replying to an email I get on Friday and it doesn't take long.

I can't understand how I would benefit from the other way of doing it -

I pay for the milk and put it through as an expense... I claim back and have to put it through as income... how am I getting free milk? :huh:

I use Cool Milk they deliver via my milkman so I just get my free milk along with my normal family milk.

I hope you get it sorted Jackie :D

hectors house
19-11-2012, 07:37 PM
I get an email every month from a government dept asking me to validate my claim - but I work from w/c Monday and sometimes I have 5 Mondays in a month (like NCMA accounts/register books) but the claim form is for calendar month of 30 or 31 days - I have to get my register out and double check the claim my milk supplier has made, but if I have a child absent due to illness why should the milk supplier miss out - they have supplied the milk I requested, so not their fault a child was away!

I only claim 4 pints a week and feel for the price of 4 pints in Asda at £1 it would be easier to buy it myself again.

margaret
19-11-2012, 07:51 PM
I have woken up since writing last post ,you have reminded me Sarah why i went with new company ,for free milk.Of course the way we did it before it wasnt free it was money in and money out.I thought i had it done and dusted.Will ring company for another chat tomorrow.

I need a holiday ,a new memory ,money and no kids ,but thats not going to happen, except the holiday.Daughter said i was losing my thinking marbles . Thanks Sarah

Mouse
19-11-2012, 07:58 PM
The Govt are making the companies ask us to validate our milk claim - I do mine every week replying to an email I get on Friday and it doesn't take long.

I can't understand how I would benefit from the other way of doing it -
I pay for the milk and put it through as an expense... I claim back and have to put it through as income... how am I getting free milk? :huh:
I use Cool Milk they deliver via my milkman so I just get my free milk along with my normal family milk.

I hope you get it sorted Jackie :D

Because you put 50p as an expense, then put 50p as income. Your balance is nil. It's cost you nothing...but you have your milk, so your milk is free'

If you use a company your expenses for it are nil, your income is nil, your balance is nil. It's cost you nothing...but you have your milk

I claim my money back via the NMRU. It's so easy

Mouse
19-11-2012, 07:59 PM
I have woken up since writing last post ,you have reminded me Sarah why i went with new company ,for free milk.Of course the way we did it before it wasnt free it was money in and money out.I thought i had it done and dusted.Will ring company for another chat tomorrow.

I need a holiday ,a new memory ,money and no kids ,but thats not going to happen, except the holiday.Daughter said i was losing my thinking marbles . Thanks Sarah

But it does work out as free milk. I pay out, I get the money back. In effect my milk is free. OK, maybe it's not immediately free, but it's free overall :thumbsup:

jane5
19-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I claim the money back rather than have the milk delivered.

I read lots of complaints on here about the wrong amounts of milk or no delivery at all and then several days delivery on the same day.
I would rather buy it myself and know that it is there than take pot luck.
I count up how many lo's I have had in the month and claim for it rather than ordering milk and claiming to much if lo's are off.
It works for me.

vals
19-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I use cool milk. The friday email takes about a minute to reply to. I don't always get the right amount, but I don't mind, its all free and I have to do so little to receive it.