PDA

View Full Version : notice board

little kingdom
19-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi
What has be on a notice board just really cracking down on everything that needs to be done before ofsted come round for they first inspection ive just finished all my polices booklet they ready for my two parents to sign. But when ready up on what i should have in place for ofsted it says a notice board for parents to read. I know that the ofsted poster should be on it but what else?
Any help very much appreciated:thumbsup:

silvermist
19-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Hiya, On mine I have..my registration certificate, the Ofsted parents poster, the safeguarding flow chart for managing allegations, my public liability policy, my first aid certificate. I know they dont all have to be on show but thats what I choose do have on there. The definate ones are the ofsted poster, registration certificate, and I think the public liabilty cert although opinions vary on that one. Hth xx

moggy
19-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Mine is by the door so easy for parents to see and has reg cert, pub lib insurance, ofsted poster, our local safeguarding poster and weekly plan which includes meal plan. It is nice to have some kind of a weeks planning there to for parents to see what you are doing or meals planned- just a grid with 'monday--library--roast chicken, tues--toddler group--pasta, wed--baking--sausages... etc' or something like that, shows good communication with parents.

little kingdom
19-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Thanks for that both of you ill get my husband to put it up just need to find room ive got the eyfs poster up at mo is that worth havin up on the wall as ive got other edcational posters up at the min im gonna run out of room

Tatjana
19-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I don't have a noticeboard.

silvermist
19-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Which eyfs poster do you have up? I just have a copy of pages 2 and 5 on the wall. I also have various activities in our village etc on mine too, xx

rickysmiths
19-11-2012, 02:06 PM
All you are required by Ofsted to have up are your Reg Cert and their Poster. My LA ask us to display there Safeguarding postcard. If you have an Assistant you have to have your Employers Insurance Cert on display. If you are insured with NCMA this will be a separate Certificate from you PLI one. Don't know how MM do it.

little kingdom
19-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Which eyfs poster do you have up? I just have a copy of pages 2 and 5 on the wall. I also have various activities in our village etc on mine too, xx

I have a big poster of the unique child enabling enviroments etc ive had a sort out and got it all up now thanks

little kingdom
19-11-2012, 04:34 PM
All you are required by Ofsted to have up are your Reg Cert and their Poster. My LA ask us to display there Safeguarding postcard. If you have an Assistant you have to have your Employers Insurance Cert on display. If you are insured with NCMA this will be a separate Certificate from you PLI one. Don't know how MM do it.

Thanks completly forgot bout the safeguarding poster better try and fit that up now

catswhiskers
20-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't have room for a noticeboard, just have my registration cert. up in the kitchen and up until September just gone, a big poster of the EYFS stuff. Took that down in September when the new EYFS came in but have not replaced it and don't intend to.

At my last inspection just over a year ago, the inspector didn't want to see my stuff on a noticeboard. As long as you have it in a folder to show then that should be ok. My parents know I'm Ofsted registered, first aid trained etc. so why put it on a 'noticeboard'

My space is important to me and I'm really fussy about what the walls look like.

Maybe in a nursery where they can do that and go home to their own homes.

k1rstie
20-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't have room for a noticeboard, just have my registration cert. up in the kitchen and up until September just gone, a big poster of the EYFS stuff. Took that down in September when the new EYFS came in but have not replaced it and don't intend to.

At my last inspection just over a year ago, the inspector didn't want to see my stuff on a noticeboard. As long as you have it in a folder to show then that should be ok. My parents know I'm Ofsted registered, first aid trained etc. so why put it on a 'noticeboard'

My space is important to me and I'm really fussy about what the walls look like.

Maybe in a nursery where they can do that and go home to their own homes.

I took my certificates down when decorated and never put back up. I have them in the front of my daily paperwork file.

PLUS I give the parents of my certificate and ofsted parents poster in their parents poster when they first start. The only certificate I actually have displayed is my outstanding one, and that is in a frame.

With everyone having internet access now a days, parents can access your ofsted registation details online anyway.

The Ofsted certificate is only valid really on the day its issued, as you could get conditions put on it the following day, and you may choose not to display it iyswim. Or you could be deregistered , but still display your certificate. Only looking online is accurate! (In my opinion!)

chriss
21-11-2012, 12:30 AM
So according to Ofsted, what HAS to be displayed on a wall for parents to see ? I don't want the walls plastered in unecessary stuff :)

leeanne910
21-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Whats the safeguarding poster?