PDA

View Full Version : how do you all manage

chels55
21-06-2008, 10:50 AM
to keep on top of things?
i only started minding a few weeks ago and im totally knackered. wake up at 6.45 get my son ready for school run around like a nutter check garden, hoover dogs hairs,drop my boy off ect (im a single parent)
mindees arrive at 9am leave at 6.30 then its wash dishes, hoovering, put washing machine on ect i dont even sit down until 8pm.
Saturday i do a top to bottom clean of the house, i do accounts book, food shopping, and try to plan activities for the next week. sunday off:clapping:

Only just opened this weeks mail:blush:

sorry to seem like im moaning but i do love my job and my mindees are all lovely children, im really lucky

Jinx
21-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I still get some things done during the day with the mindee/s around.
My little 16mth old loves passing me clothes pegs when I'm hanging out the washing, (saves me bending down!:D )
I managed to do some dusting yesterday, gave him a clean duster and he polished the coffee table!
I try to wash up or load the dishwasher as I go, usually whilst they are in highchairs having lunch or a snack.

Things are different for me though as my kids are 16,14,12 and 7 and I get alot of help from them in the evening....if I shout loud enough! :rolleyes:

It's the paper work and planning that gets me though. I resent giving up any of my weekend doing it. :( But as long as I keep it up to date, :blush: , it doesn't usually take too long to do.

Jinx x

chels55
21-06-2008, 11:09 AM
great idea jinx, will make my children help i can threaten them with no pocket money that will get them moving

son77
21-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes I too try to do as much as possible during the day, washing & tumble drying (rarely peg out), load dishwasher & clean kitchen down (usually whilst kids in high chair) & if i'm lucky I get 2 hours in the afternoon where both kids sleep so sometimes I even get some ironing done!

Saying that by the time mindee done, I've done our tea, made sarnies for school/work, tidied up, hoovered, bathed my own kids & got them to bed it's about 9pm by the time I sit down.

Get no help from hubby (he did help once tho!!) so I end up doing everything & it kills me.

Annie_T
21-06-2008, 11:20 AM
aww hun, your get used to it eventually,

im also a single mum tho i have a fella but dont live together.

i get up early to sort my 2 kids, and to prepare myself for my future minddes.

i know what you goig though in a way i guess, im always cleaning and soring soemhting out lol - joys of motherhood huh lol

Twinkles
21-06-2008, 11:29 AM
When you find out how to keep on top of it let us all know too won't you :laughing:
I do a few bits during the day , dishwasher ,kitchen,laundry etc. I am lucky enough to have a cleaner once a week and I don't know how I'd cope without her.
DH is good at mucking in when he gets home. Even with all this help my house sometimes ( like now ) looks like we've held world war 3 in it !

Chimps Childminding
21-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Jinx pleeeeeeeeease tell me how you get teenagers to help. I've got 4 boys (triplets 17 tomorrow and 15 year old) and can't get them to do a thing!!!! Even asking them to bring their cups out to the kitchen is a major task perhaps I just don't shout loud enough :laughing:

I try to bits during the day like washing, washing up, putting the hoover round (necessary after lo's have had lunch), but its the ironing that I never seem to get round to doing. I keep saying i will do it in the evening, but by the time everyone has gone, I've done tea and cleared up I'm too tired :( I used to be able to get a bit done during the day, but now I've got more children, its extremely rare that they all sleep at the same time (if at all). So i run around like a looney at the week-end to start all over again on monday!!!!!!!!

Mollymop
21-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I do still do things while I have mindees. I ofen tidy as I go and I make sure they tidy up before they get something else out. After lunch while my mindee is freeplaying I will wash the dishes.
I do make sure I cut my grass and do my ironing, things like that in the evening when she's gone home
I still find myself worn out by home time though

sarah707
21-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I think the basic mistake people make is to sleep ...

Just think how much more you would get done if you stayed awake longer :D

chels55
21-06-2008, 03:05 PM

Your so right:laughing:

breezy
21-06-2008, 06:37 PM

I wondered what I was doing wrong, does falling asleep in the chair count?!!!!!!

Jinx
21-06-2008, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=CAROLYN;169093]Jinx pleeeeeeeeease tell me how you get teenagers to help. I've got 4 boys (triplets 17 tomorrow and 15 year old) and can't get them to do a thing!!!! Even asking them to bring their cups out to the kitchen is a major task perhaps I just don't shout loud enough :laughing:

QUOTE]

Oh, I'm a right old cow to live with sometimes and I think they have all learnt just to do as I say or else!!!!!
4 boys......triplets.....wow. :eek:
My oldest 2 are girls, then a boy, then my little princess. :rolleyes:

Jinx x

berkschick
21-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Its upstairs that gets neglected!

I need to give Ellas wardrobe a good sort out but never get the time. They boys room just got dusted ..... with a baby wipe while I had 2 mins to spare!

DH now has to clean the bathrooms at the weekend after telling me he could do it better! He does actually do it better so I dont care!

Pauline
22-06-2008, 07:17 PM
It will get better Kerry, don't know when but one day :)

Seriously though, it is quiet overwhelming to start with and you will feel like you don't have any time to yourself, but it does get easier once you settle into a routine. :)

angeldelight
22-06-2008, 07:19 PM
You might get used to it haha

But I still have days and weeks when I just cant get on top of things

I try not to worry so much these days though and just do what I can

Good luck Kerry

Angel xx

Donkey
22-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I bribe DF into helping. I have some pliers and I am not afraid to use them on the 360 cabling :idea:

but once I am up and running minding, I have no idea, I can't remember the last time my room was cleaned, it gets a little tidy every now and then

venus89
23-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Downstairs is immaculate - upstairs is a tip!! :laughing: I prioritise!!

Cazz
23-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Downstairs is immaculate - upstairs is a tip!! :laughing: I prioritise!!

I've decided not to register my upstairs so that I can try and keep downstairs lovely all week and apart from the bathroom upstairs can wait until the weekend!

That's the theory anyway!

Carole x

donnahay0
23-06-2008, 10:00 PM

Just think how much more you would get done if you stayed awake longer

Ahhh so that's your secret to being able to do so much Sarah. Looks like i'm up for giving that a go tonight as I am just having a break from paperwork - had to stop for a rest so came on here, I couldn't concentrate any more as my cat is sat next to me snoring. (Perhaps she could have a kip for me).

---------
It is hit and miss in my house as to whether my own children help or not, I never hold my breath though.

I try and get bits done through the day and find being as organised as much as possible does help, when that goes out the window it is a nightmare to get back on track.

I's things like clothes never getting put away cos you can't get upstairs during the day and you spend all evening doing dinner, ironing, tidying & I also try and fit in a run & pilates - oh and don't forget the training courses we have to keep going on.

I do love to keep busy. :(

jaz
24-06-2008, 08:32 AM

Yup - sleep is for wimps!!! :D

J
xx

jaz
24-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I've decided not to register my upstairs so that I can try and keep downstairs lovely all week and apart from the bathroom upstairs can wait until the weekend!

That's the theory anyway!

Carole x

Thats brilliant!!

Like your style

J
xx

jw19nr
25-06-2008, 08:55 PM
I am actually hoping to work a few extra hours to what I wanted to and then pay a cleaner. We cant really afford it but I know what I am like with cleaning and I wont be able to cope with it all! I would rather work an extra hour or 2 a day and not have any housework.