PDA

View Full Version : OH no! What do i do now???

tarak
18-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Hello ladies (& gentlemen). Looking for some advice plz. Ive been registered since august but hadnt signed anyone up....until last night. I signed a contract for a little 4yr old boy for care as needed as only need me when dad goes into wrk which can b at short notice. As ive sat twiddling my thumbs for the last 3 months im happy to have some work rather than none. Did advise mum that im happy to carry on this arrangement until i had enquiries for a perminent place.
Now ive got a meeting tomorow with family who want me to look after their 3yr old twins twice a week, taking too and collecting from nursery. As this will be definate hours i would like to take this work but feel bad as ive only just signed contracts for the little boy. could ask mum if she would be happy with me only being available for care 3 days a week??? wot do u think?? Am i being unproffessional? have a 2 wk notice on contract. any advice appreciated:(

alwaysright
18-11-2012, 06:52 PM
i dont think you are being unfair at all, the fact that you told mum that this would happen has just happened much sooner than you thought, you are better to speak to her now before the chid starts so she has the option to go somewhere else or use you, but i would make sure you sign the others up first before you do

rickysmiths
18-11-2012, 07:00 PM
If you have not stipulated exact days on the contract you have signed and it clearly states on it that the care is on as as required and if you are available basis then I would just tell them that you are about to take on another family on xxx days and would not be able to help them on those days. If they are unhappy then as it is so early i would return any Deposit they have paid and say you are sorry.

To be honest it is a big ask to expect ant childminder to have a space literally as and when and always expect to have a space without paying some sort of basic retainer.

tarak
18-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Thankyou ladies. Think i will wait till ive met the new family to see if they want to definately use me (learning to take nothing for granted in this game) then if they do i will speak to other mum to advise her that i can now only offer her 3 days of care. Hope she understands. Hate letting anyone down :(