PDA

View Full Version : Payments and Fees

MISSYL20
16-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Im newly registered and havent started advertising as yet. I need to getmy head around everything i have to do. One of the things i'm struggling with at the moment is fee's and payments.

How much do Childminders generally charge. I have been told if i take a child on just for 1/2 days picking them up from nursery and having them for the rest of the day i should charge a full day? does this sound right?

Also do you always give parents a receipt once you've received payment? can i buy a receipt book anywhere?:panic:

Could someone please give me some info on this

cathtee
16-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi regarding fees, just look and see how much other minders are charging in your area as we all charge different.

I charge full day for nursery children as you cannot fill the hours they are out of your care, and they will need the place on school holidays
and teacher training days, oh and when closed for snow as we are coming to that time of year:clapping:.

I don't give receipts but that is personal choice and yes you can get a receipt book from anywhere.

Hope you get some lo's soon:thumbsup:

vickie-marieo
16-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I agree with Cathtee, have a look at childminders in your area - you can look either on the BIG Data base or even Childcare.co.uk and scope out the individuals in your area. just be cautious not to underprice your skills just to get work, as this can set you up for difficulty down the line. regarding half days everyone's different and you need to assess what's best for you -I personally haven't charged a full day for a half day i.e. if child is at nursery in afternoon -but with me in the am. however will be changing this in April when i review my fees and most of my contracts.
Good luck in advertising and getting new families!!!

Cariad
12-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Personally, I charge a 3/4 day for a nursery pick up as I have to drive to pick up which means that I set out to pick them up at 11 even though they don't finish until 11.30.
I send my parents an email to confirm receipt of payment. It's quick and easy and no extra paper flying around!

hth

heidilunn
13-12-2012, 10:28 AM
regarding the reciept question..
i am a nanny & i bought a reciept book from a newsagents (most newsagents will sell them)
Not only for the parents records but also for mine, i will use them for my tax return etc. that way i have copies of exactly how much ive earnt etc etc
hope this helps :)

MISSYL20
06-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for all your help :-) I officially start minding next week and am full already my spaces have all gone. I've decided to charge full days for those in 1/2 day nursery not sure how fee's will change come September when they go FT? :-/
I bought a receipt book for those parents who want a receipt and those who don't I can give them a copy of my payments rec'd page in my accounts book if they ever need proof for tax credits xxx