PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting too soft..help! Lol

JCrakers
16-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I agreed 2 weeks ago to look after dd friend (10) i did the first one for free and then dad said it would be most days but adhoc which was fine for me. I gave him a reduction in fees as dd would be playing with her friend so no real work for me.

Boy was I wrong..lol

They squeal, laugh, giggle, scream and be generally giggly annoying mini teenagers. And when dh is working upstairs they do it on the landing. So I had a stern word with them both saying that if they can't behave and be quiet upstairs both of them or just friend will have to come downstairs and be with the mindees where dh can't be disturbed.
Or I will have to cancel the agreement.

So dad rang last night to say he wouldn't need care this morning but could I pick her up from school tonight. He then went onto say that he thought his dd would be at her mums for the night and he had arranged to go out. He sounded all down because he couldn't go out and dd had a school disco to go to.

So...I said 'why don't I pick her up from school, give her tea and then I can drop her at the disco at 745pm, That gives a bit of time to go out maybe,if you pick her up from disco at 845'

What!!!! My mouth said it before my brain thought about it...I've had her all week and listened to the pair of them squeal and shriek and I offer to have her extra for nothing....lol. It wasn't until I got back upstairs that I thought 'what did I say that for?'

He declined as he was supposed to be going out all night., thank goodness I didn't offer to have her all night for a sleepover...I need to sit down and have a good talk to myself :laughing:

samb
16-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Uhoh - must engage brain! lol!

I did something like that this week and luckily just like you ended up not doing it as the child ended up being ill anyway but just the same - thought after why on earth did I offer to give up my day off to have that child for free and on my birthday!

BucksCM
16-11-2012, 12:13 PM
whoa there JC...engage brain!!
What were you thinking!?!
:D:laughing:

blue bear
16-11-2012, 12:40 PM
That was a close shave :doh:

sarah707
16-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Stand in front of the mirror... say after me... NO I cannot do that... smile... repeat :D