PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old and EYFS? Help please...

Devonmaid
16-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Ok - so I have been minding a little boy for just over a month who is 5 - nearly 6, so not in the EYFS. I do a little report for parents at the end of the first month and then planning to do a termly one. I don't know whether to reference any learning goals/development matters etc, which is what I do with my other mindees that are in reception.

I've looked at the EYFS with regard to wrap around care and it says to work to the EYFS, however I am feeling confused as he is surely out of the Development Matters now.

Any advice would be lovely. I have only been going for a couple of months so trying to get everything right from the off! I'd feel a bit embarrassed I think handing parents a big long report identifying the development matters areas that I have noted/think we need to make next steps on when they are no longer relevant! but also if I am still meant to be referencing them don't want to not do it when I should be IYSWIM?

I hope the above makes sense!

Dx

sarah707
16-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Once children are in full time school the Eyfs states that you need to -

Complement the child's time elsewhere

Speak to parents and record what they want you to do with their child

Speak to the school and record what they want you to do with the child.

You don't need to do any writing on an older child - some like to make scrap books of their time with you and others enjoy seeing their photos in albums but it's up to you if you want to do that.

Hth :D

Devonmaid
16-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Thank you Sarah - that's really helpful.

Dx