PDA

View Full Version : My own DD's and sickness

Keeley77
16-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Can anyone clarify what the official stance is, with regards to my own children having sickness?

My daughter has vomited in the night but was fine the next morning.

Should I close for 48 hours as she has been sick or is it acceptable to open and make parents aware that there has been sickness on the premises as they do with nurseries?

Thank you all

sarah707
16-11-2012, 09:32 AM
I always applied the 48 hour rule to my own children, me and childminded children equally.

I feel that it can give out the wrong message if you don't follow it for your own family and then turn round to parents and say it has to be 48 hours.

I hope your lo is ok x

Pipsqueak
16-11-2012, 09:33 AM
i think it depends - are you able to keep daughter away from the minded children?
I would let parents know that you potentially have the sick bug in the house and these are the precautions you are taking etc....

Devonmaid
16-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I'd only open if you can isolate your DD from mindees - separate toilet etc. As pp said - it sends out the wrong message, I wouldn't be too happy with a parent turning up with a sick child, so it has to work the other way too. As frustrating as it is I'd close. Do you have the 'spotty book' - is there official advice in there?

I hope DD makes a quick recovery.

Dx

madison
16-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I've been off all this week, as this horrible bug has gone right through my family, it really is an awful bug. I possibly could've worked today but my daughter has only been cleared for 24 hours so I've had to shut today aswell as I enforce 48 hour rule with my family and mindees, although I dont believe they are all truthful!!!! :angry: