PDA

View Full Version : What double pram to buy with a buggyboard?

crazybones
21-06-2008, 08:44 AM
I have been researching on t'internet and the top of my list at the moment is
Out N About Nipper 360 double.

I will have to have a buggyboard too, so do you know if one will fit on here?
What recommendations do you all have bearing in mind the following points.

Heaviest weight to push will be 2 two and half year olds with another walking/buggyboard
Will sometimes have 3 under 2 and a halfs
Buggyboard must fit
Not too wide for front door
My shoulder and back have been bad lately pushing the tandem
Not toooooooo expensive but need it to last
Thanks in advance :D

Jinx
21-06-2008, 09:54 AM
My friend has just bought one of these and I couldn't believe how light it was! She has a 10mth old and a 2yr old in it, (both big boys) and you could steer it with one hand no problem.
She does have a buggy board, but hasn't fitted it to the new pushchair. Her 3yr old is also a big boy and the buggy board on her old pram bent the frame and she doesn't want to do the same to the new one! I'm sure she said it would fit though if she really needed it.

Happy buggy shopping

Jinx x

Jinx
21-06-2008, 09:56 AM
http://www.buggyboard.info/page.php?buggy=167

my Phil and teds has 3/10 and says compromised fit, but I think its fine!

Jinx x

crazybones
21-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Thank you. It says 5/10 so not too bad I suppose.
I have been to 3 "stockists" this morning and none had them in stock :angry: Apparently they are not common "Up North" . I tried some similar ones the Urban Detour was fab but a lot wider but I could push it one handed with a 2 year old and 11 year old in it. :laughing: The woman in Mothercare looked horrified when I told Jamie to get in it.

FizzysFriends
21-06-2008, 12:02 PM
My friend has the urban detour one and I find it really nice to push but not good around the shops because of the size.

May be you could order it online?

LOL at the woman in Mothercare. I periodically put my 6yr old in a pushchair and walk her around as our dog is still a puppy and has the be reminded that there is no jumping up pushchairs and shes not allowed to race it when we are out walking. I get funny looks too

manjay
21-06-2008, 05:38 PM
The buggy board site has been updated since I bought my Nipper 360. When I bought mine it said you had to have the kiddiboard which fitted on to the back axle.

I am going to get dh to have a go at fixing it later so will let you know. I would say it would stick out too far at the back though.

Is it the pram or the buggyboard you couldn't get? I bought both of mine in Chester

Jinx
21-06-2008, 06:23 PM
They sell the out n about double in Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0984535/Trail/searchtext%3EOUT+N+ABOUT.htm

They had it in stock in my local one, thats where my friend got it.

Jinx x

crazybones
21-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I got a buggy board but one of those sit and step ones to fit on my tandem because I have to have something for Monday. The buggy can potentially wait until September when new one starts as during school hols I only have 2 under 3's. The reason I got that particular buggy board was because the lady in the shop had had it returned because it didnt fit the person's pram and it wasnt until she opened the box again she say a big scuff mark on the wheelguard so she couldnt sell it. She knocked it down to £25 for me :D

crazybones
21-06-2008, 06:25 PM
They sell the out n about double in Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0984535/Trail/searchtext%3EOUT+N+ABOUT.htm

They had it in stock in my local one, thats where my friend got it.

Jinx x

I did see that but I had wanted to have a little play with one first to prove to hubby that I really did need to fork out that much money :D

Jinx
21-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I did see that but I had wanted to have a little play with one first to prove to hubby that I really did need to fork out that much money :D

You could always tell him you've got a 14 day money back thingy and you're just getting it to try!!! By the time you've got it home and out of the box he'll decide it's too much hassle to take back and you can keep it!!!! Works everytime with my hubby!!! :thumbsup:

Jinx x

littletreasures
22-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I have a buggy board fitted onto my Nipper 360 Double. The little boy that uses it is a little bit too small for it, but it is fine to push

littletreasures

Mrs.L.C
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
The twin out n about nipper is fab. I got mine off ebay for half the price and was in great cond. I have fixed my seat to go to the back to see if it would be ok for sept but not actualy used it as yet so cant say yes it will work no problems once I use it with a child but as for the pushchair...its a must and iv had a few twin buggys so if the seat to go doesnt work like i am thinking it will then I would be investing in a kiddiboard