PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down!

green4lynn
15-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Not sure if its me, the kids or just the time of year but I'm feeling flat and not really enjoying work at the moment! All the kids seem to do is argue and fight over toys, they are all strong characters and seem to be exerting themselves rather a lot!
If I plan activities they spend 5 minutes then say they've had enough! One lo (nearly 3) just wants to throw things, I found a doll head down in the fish tank the other day!!!! He doesn't play with things normally, everything has to be crashed, thrown or dropped from a great height, and he shouts and screams at everything and everyone! I have 2 who are very bossy and love telling the others what to do (or what NOT to do!), and 1 who is spoiled at home so thinks she should get her own way at my house! Usually they get along fine, but the last couple of weeks have been very stressful! I'm worn out from trying to keep them all happy, and stopping them fighting! They are fine when we go to toddler groups or soft play, but can't do that all the time!
Hopefully it'll pass, I am fed up with it!

Lynn x

loocyloo
15-11-2012, 09:08 AM
big hugs, my get up & go has left me, and i seem to have a very bossy 3 yr old who thinks she can tell everyone ( including me ) what to do! oh and a 20mth old who cries and sulks whenever he doesn't get his own way! fun! NOT!

i'm just trying to get OUT for walks, feed the ducks, to toddlers as much as possible, as they don't seem so bad in open spaces/with other people!

have a good day

xxx

sonyach
15-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Know how you feel, I'm definately ready for a break. Counting down the days until Christmas I'm having some time off and boy do I need it!!

hectors house
15-11-2012, 09:31 AM
big hugs, my get up & go has left me, and i seem to have a very bossy 3 yr old who thinks she can tell everyone ( including me ) what to do! oh and a 20mth old who cries and sulks whenever he doesn't get his own way! fun! NOT!

i'm just trying to get OUT for walks, feed the ducks, to toddlers as much as possible, as they don't seem so bad in open spaces/with other people!

have a good day

xxx

I agree with loocyloo, just tell parents to buy some waterproofs and get them out into the fresh air, local park or woods if you have any nearby - I promise you they will communicate and interact differently with each other and they can take out their frustrations by jumping in puddles or kicking leaves or hitting trees with a stick and hopefully when you get home they will be too tired to kick off! Hopefully the fresh air will lift your spirits too.

VeggieSausage
15-11-2012, 02:10 PM
i have taken to exercising all of mine at the mo too, I have a morning in and want to throttle someone by the end of it, they are quite literally bouncing off the walls no matter what activities we do.....get them out I say.....think we should mount a campaign.....

Ballette
15-11-2012, 05:22 PM

have a good day

xxx

Seems like we're all in the same boat really. My 20 month old is so bossy and screams and stamps when she can't get her own way (which seems to be all the time at the moment :( ) She's even taken a strong dislike to my own children which is making them feel awful as it's their house! They are really lovely with lo's so I can't understand what her problem is :mad: