PDA

View Full Version : REGISTERING WITH ICO

silvermist
14-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I am aware I need to register with ICO, Ive looked at the website etc...now for the stupid question....I am the data controller arent I? Sorry for being dim!

WibbleWobble
14-11-2012, 07:13 PM
yes....

and chief bottle washer

wibble xxx

sarah707
14-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I rang them - I couldn't work out their website :laughing: :D

barbarella68
14-11-2012, 08:44 PM
I can't understand a word of it,if I print the form off and agree to pay by bank transfer do I do it now and then send forms off or wait until they contact me to pay after they have received forms.So confusing and their site is rubbish.

JCrakers
14-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I went on the website and got to the help section.

Can't quite remember the wording but it said something along the lines 'Do you keep personal data or photos on your computer or laptop?
I clicked No...because I don't. I keep them on a memory stick

It said....You do not need to register

Ah...Ok then...lol...suits me...((shrugs))

cathtee
14-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I can't understand a word of it,if I print the form off and agree to pay by bank transfer do I do it now and then send forms off or wait until they contact me to pay after they have received forms.So confusing and their site is rubbish.

I filled in the forms and sent a cheque it was alot easier:thumbsup:

silvermist
15-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Great, thanks for replies xx

hectors house
15-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I rang them - spoke to a chap who told me I did need to register, they sent me forms mostly already completed about what information & data a childminder is likely to need to comply with - I sent form back with £35, after 3 weeks they sent letter telling me they had sent me a pack and I hadn't sent it back, I e-mailed them and got no reply, so rang them and they said they had a big backlog - have now 6 weeks after I sent forms got a piece of paper saying I am registered.

On a training course last night - everyone had mixed views on whether you needed to be registered or not, even the top person in our county for training said she didn't need to be registered because she doesn't store the photos she just prints them straight off and deletes them (think she has a pogo), whereas the man at ICO told me that if you use a digital camera you should be registered, only way out of it is to go back to old fashioned camera and have a film developed. So now I am even more confused - but have paid it now and I feel better for it - I think!