PDA

View Full Version : sharing with pre-school

Helen79
13-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm just printing out the letter to introduce myself to mindee's pre-school. Just wondered what paperwork everyone shares with pre-school. Does anyone share planning or themes? Mindee's go to pre-school on the days that they're not with me so I'll never actually see them to talk face to face about mindees.

loocyloo
13-11-2012, 08:28 PM
i have a letter signed by parents, me & preschool to say we can & will share info.

i try to meet each term with preschool and i look at what preschool have done regarding obs/notes etc about child, and i show them childs LJ. we talk about what we are both doing. sometimes i go to preschool, sometimes the keyworker visits me ( but she is a friend! ) we both sign each others books/files/LJ etc. and may write a comment. i ask for copies of newsletters etc, but don't get them:rolleyes: i do give them a copy of my newsletter! i never pick up or drop off at preschool, so don't see them WITH mindees!

i used to correspond with a preschool where i used to live by email! i rarely took or picked up mindee, so it was easier to keep in touch by email. i used to print out the emails and file them in mindees LJ. preschool used to print out emails too and keep them in mindees file! we used to send each other photos and details about what we were up to. preschool also used to send me their monthly planning ( they used to send it to all parents each month so added me to the email list )

vals
13-11-2012, 10:05 PM
I've found it very hard to get any information form the pre school I collect from. Mum had a meeting with them today and she said there was hardly anything in her learning journal, and she wasn't impressed - might explain why they haven't told me anything.

catswhiskers
14-11-2012, 12:11 AM
I also would not share planning/themes otherwise they might nick a few ideas from you!

Anyway, as long as you show you are trying to keep in contact etc. then don't worry.

I've tried over the past years (since the EYFS came in) to keep in contact with other settings but would say that preschools/nurseries are the worst.

They then go on to receive a 'good' or 'outstanding' for sharing info with other settings when I know they have not shared anything with me.