PDA

View Full Version : What cars will fit 3 car seats in back?

Mel_Johnson
13-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi Guys

I am hoping that someone can help. I am looking for a new car (by new I mean old but new to me) that will fit 3 car seats across the back with a boot to fit a pushchair. I'm looking for a cheap 1.4/1.3 for local short trips. Please help!!!

WibbleWobble
13-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Guys

I am hoping that someone can help. I am looking for a new car (by new I mean old but new to me) that will fit 3 car seats across the back with a boot to fit a pushchair. I'm looking for a cheap 1.4/1.3 for local short trips. Please help!!!

i have a ford c-max

it fits three seats and i can get my P&T double in the back with lots to spare

wibble xxxxxx

rickysmiths
13-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I have had Skoda Octavias for the last 12 years. I can get two britax class 1 seats and a Narnia Racer High Backed booster with a five point harness across the back. There are three full seat belts and in most models you can isolate the air bag in the front with the key so you can put a fourth seat in the front.

I have the 5 door hatch backs and I can fit a MaClaren double and single, a couple of bags of kids stuff, a couple of bags with car stuff and shopping bags plus a large months grocery shop and still have space to spare. I am 5'5" tall and I can't reach the very back of the boot without my feet leaving the ground!

I have always had the disesel version and find them very economical. I get 45-50 on short local journeys and 55-60 on a good long run. It is a good family car and we can fit 4 adults in comfortably. They are cheap to insure and cheap to service.

This is were I have always got mine from:

Willis Motor Company - Skoda Octavia London Dealership (http://skodalondon.com/skoda-octavia.php)

moggy
13-11-2012, 05:38 PM
I find it all depends what child seats and in what order you put then (middle or left/right)- some are higher at the sides, some have big 'wings' which hit the chairs at the side, if you are lucky you find a combo where the high ones fit over the lower ones, iyswim! Basically, I would not buy a car without trying the 3 car seats in.

jackie 7
13-11-2012, 08:03 PM
This was something I was thinking about last night. Found a company that put a 3 o4 seat unit in the car. great i thought ( yes I am a bit dim) till I saw the price £1250. ssssssso now will look for small seats. Anyone know what car seats are narrow?