PDA

View Full Version : offering a drop and shop service

kel1983
13-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Im sure ive seen threads on here just can't find them now.

Im thinking of offering a drop and shop service what with christmas just around the corner. I'm looking for some advice really on how to go about it. Im assuming we have to have some sort of contract in place and payment needs to be made up front etc

Thanks in advance

sarah707
13-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I did this a couple of years ago and it was quite popular - especially for late night shopping :eek:

I wrote a 'one off' contract and did a child information form just with the basics / most important questions.

I let older children bring whatever electronic devices they normally used at night and treated it more as babysitting than childminding.

It worked quite well but it was hard because the children didn't know me and some of the younger ones were not used to being left.

Good luck! :D

kel1983
13-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks Sarah

I dont think we have much to lose really. we are gonna go for it and advertise locally nd see if we get any interest. If we dont get any interest not a problem. If we do get interest its an extra bit of christmas spending money.

Oh and didnt even think about late night shopping.

Now just gotta work out fees etc

MrsP2C
14-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I offer ad hoc care (minimum charge £15 which is roughly eqivalent to 2.5hrs) and have a couple of parents who use this service. Most are friends or people I know through DS1's school but they like it because unlike getting a friend or relative to babysit there's no need to reciprocate & it's guilt free as one describes it because they are using my professional services for their children to play & interact with other children rather than dragging them round the shops or sticking the tv on whilst they do housework! I only have 2 days a week with regular mindees so can offer the flexibility but as I take on more regular clients this may have to stop.