PDA

View Full Version : I pad Mini

Daisy1956
12-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I am thinking of buying an ipad mini, can anyone give me their ideas about the pros and cons. I like the idea of the size but before I spend my hard earned money I would value your comments.

eddie
13-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I am thinking of buying an ipad mini, can anyone give me their ideas about the pros and cons. I like the idea of the size but before I spend my hard earned money I would value your comments.

Don't know about the mini but I love my iPad and couldn't live without it now. Think the smaller size and price would have appealed t me when I bought my normal sized one as I would probably have opted for the mini.

I love being able to nip onto the Internet without booting up my computer, finding the answer to those important questions that arise during the day, lots if good apps for kids to play on, music you can switch on instantly to amuse/soothe. Hope this helps.

nikki thomson
13-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi, I think it depends what you intend to use it for, I already have a I phone so to me getting an iPad mini would be pointless. I use my I pad like I am now at home generally instead of my computer, I can tether it to my phone so I can take it out with me and use my 3G signal from my phone to use the Internet on my iPad.
I love my iPad my computer is rarely used now, but if you want something you can slip in your pocket and you don't mind the smaller screen then the iPad mini would be brilliant. X

JCrakers
13-11-2012, 10:16 AM
We have an ipad2 that is full of games that the kids have put on :rolleyes:

I do like it as I can check emails, surf and come on the forum as well as look for ideas for work etc.

Disadvantages are I can't print from it so if I'm looking for colouring pages or need something printed for work then I have to use my laptop.

Also it doesn't have flash so some websites don't work as well or even at all.

But I do like it for convenience but use it as well as my laptop.

linzi133
13-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I have the first iPad and an iPhone 5. I went into the Apple shop to buy and extra lightening adapter for my phone and came out with....you've guessed it an iPad mini!!!!:blush:

They are fab! Perfect for little hands (and big chunky ones like mine!) Although I love the iPad the mini is a better size! And it's soo light! I played with the mini then picked up the iPad4 and put it straight back down as it was too heavy! (Its not but after playing with the mini it was soo heavy!)
The size of the mini is perfect handbag size...so great for us as a family. It means that when I'm working I can update Obs on the go and when we're a family my LO can tune out when he get overwhelmed! (ASD)

I LOVE iPads etc.

eddie
13-11-2012, 05:45 PM
I have the first iPad and an iPhone 5. I went into the Apple shop to buy and extra lightening adapter for my phone and came out with....you've guessed it an iPad mini!!!!:blush:

They are fab! Perfect for little hands (and big chunky ones like mine!) Although I love the iPad the mini is a better size! And it's soo light! I played with the mini then picked up the iPad4 and put it straight back down as it was too heavy! (Its not but after playing with the mini it was soo heavy!)
The size of the mini is perfect handbag size...so great for us as a family. It means that when I'm working I can update Obs on the go and when we're a family my LO can tune out when he get overwhelmed! (ASD)

I LOVE iPads etc.

A fellow Apple fan! I couldn't think of any justification for a mini but you have just provided one - on the go observations!! Thank you :clapping:

Daisy1956
21-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the info, sorry i haven't replied earlier been busy decorating. I really like the idea of the mini just to pop in pocket or hand bag would be really good. Hand bag already full of other bits and pieces so the smaller the better. Is the resolution ok for reading , doing obs etc. Also what is camera like?

Daisy1956
21-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Hi What are the advantages of 3G not really sure wether to buy now or wait a few weeks.

linzi133
22-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't have a 3G one....couldn't justify the cost. There are soo many free wifi places now I do t think its really necessary unless you need constant access to the Internet/emails etc.
My mini is put away for Christmas but the resolution was fab.... I didn't try the camera. But for what I need it for I'm sure it'll be fine!

eddie
22-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I WANT ONE :crying:

francinejayne
22-11-2012, 08:11 PM
I have bought one for my DD for christmas - shh it's a surprise! It looks great, though DH won't let me play with it yet! i am sure she will LOVE it!

question to those of you that already have one - is there no way of printing off it at all - I had hoped she may be able to do her homework on it rather than using my laptop?

eddie
22-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I have bought one for my DD for christmas - shh it's a surprise! It looks great, though DH won't let me play with it yet! i am sure she will LOVE it!

question to those of you that already have one - is there no way of printing off it at all - I had hoped she may be able to do her homework on it rather than using my laptop?

You can print if you have an air printer I think. Also you can email documents to print off or use Dropbox but you then have to print from a computer.

hello kitty
23-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Apple are having a one day sale today. Ipad mini is not included though. :(

eddie
23-11-2012, 11:56 AM
:crying:

Am now considering selling my ipad and buying a mini.......

Daisy1956
24-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks everyone, of course it will be MY I pad mini I am not sharing with DD or DH. It's going to be mine. I sound just like my little ones on a bad day.:). Hopefully family will get the idea anyway I will need it for childminding purposes won't I?