PDA

View Full Version : Any experienced users of Excel - please help

Chatterbox Childcare
12-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I am adapting a planning spreadsheet and want one row to have 7 small boxes in it so that I can list the A of L underneath vertically. I do not know how to make 7 boxes in one row.

i.e.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
A of L vertically on all 5

I hope this makes sense and someone can help as I am stumped and each time I look at merging cells it will put in data from 2 cells into 1 but not just the box/border

Thanks in advance

Daisy1956
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi tried something like this myself but couldn't do it so I am interested in any answers too:)

The Juggler
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I am adapting a planning spreadsheet and want one row to have 7 small boxes in it so that I can list the A of L underneath vertically. I do not know how to make 7 boxes in one row.

i.e.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
A of L vertically on all 5

I hope this makes sense and someone can help as I am stumped and each time I look at merging cells it will put in data from 2 cells into 1 but not just the box/border

Thanks in advance

how many columns boxes do you need in the rows above and below???

The Juggler
12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
s/sheet attached with 2 options? not sure if this is what you meant but would either work?

Chatterbox Childcare
13-11-2012, 07:42 AM
s/sheet attached with 2 options? not sure if this is what you meant but would either work?

Sorry I don't think I explained myself very well.

I have 5 boxes with Monday to Friday and say 7 rows. In row 7 I want 7 little boxes as tick boxes for the areas of learning

thanks for your help

Mcgons
13-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Sorry I don't think I explained myself very well.

I have 5 boxes with Monday to Friday and say 7 rows. In row 7 I want 7 little boxes as tick boxes for the areas of learning

thanks for your help

Is this along the lines of what you need?

Chatterbox Childcare
13-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Is this along the lines of what you need?

Oh this is absolutely perfect and it copies and pastes. thank you so very very much it has saved me hours

Was it easy to do? Could you explain as I just like to know :)

Chatterbox Childcare
13-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Thank you again. this is the start of what I did with it - shows two weeks for this month and now I can copy and paste the year in.. tomorrow now I think

Anyone please feel free to use/amend/elaborate on it

:):):):):):):):)

The Juggler
13-11-2012, 10:24 PM
glad you got it sorted!:clapping::clapping:

Mcgons
15-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh this is absolutely perfect and it copies and pastes. thank you so very very much it has saved me hours

Was it easy to do? Could you explain as I just like to know :)

Hi, glad it was useful! It was easy to do, I just highlighted 7 columns and reduced their size to make 7 small boxes, then put a grid around them. With the 7 rows above I highlighted each row individually and merged cells to make one box. Then copied and pasted for the rest of the days of the week.

Does that explain it? It's hard to explain excel I find unless you can physically show someone! :)

Chatterbox Childcare
15-11-2012, 09:22 PM
yes I got that - great for the future

Thank you