PDA

View Full Version : Mindee told me they were moving house!

samb
12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol! As above mindee aged almost 4 announced to me today that his new house was going to be yellow! After a conversation with open ended questions from me, I had to text Mum to ask! Apparently they have been talking to him about moving but its all a bit pie in the sky at the moment in terms of their house isn't on the market etc, Mum had just pointed out a house which was next to a yellow one with a for sale sign up and so it had stuck in his mind. Mum was embarrassed but I reminded her that I was here to support him in big things like this and could help hin understand what was going on etc.

Chimps Childminding
15-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Bless him!!! I have a now 6 year old who told me she was moving house (she was about 4 at the time) and wouldn't be coming to me anymore - the reason, she was moving to Africa :rolleyes: Told dad at pick up and he said the were looking at moving, but it wouldn't be Africa as that was a bit far to go to work everyday - they were more likely to be moving closer to where I am as I am closer to where they work than they currently live!!

Bless her she has a vivid imagination, and I regularly have to ask mum or dad if something is happening//true as she is so believeable :D

WibbleWobble
15-11-2012, 06:34 PM
dontcha just love em!

E (now 25) was 4 when i became pregnant with K (20). we kept it quiet as i had a couple of MCs before....and like the other times i started bleeding etc etc etc....but this time i was a bit further on (11 weeks) and ended up in hospital. E had had to go and stay with GPs.....we had told them i was having tummy pains...not pregnant.

E gran and grandpa are sat eating tea...

Grandpa whats pregnant?

Why?

Cos thats what mummy has got

i had some explaining to do.....(K arrived 6 months later)

She also told Aunty Barbara- the owner of her nursery, that she would be away for a couple of weeks after mummy and daddy get married as we are all going to Egypt!

we didnt talk about a honeymoon...we were penniless!

She remembers saying this.....she thought if she told someone it would actually happen!

wibble xxxxx

samb
15-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Since this I have seen said house next door to yellow house not far from me (must be the same one) and I couldn't resist but look it up - it is so lovely that I want to live there and will be soooo jealous if they bought it lol!

doodles
16-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Mindee (6) who ive had for nearly 3 years told me in August that they were moving to Canada in November.
Didnt believe her until i got to the school and the other mums were saying 'oh you will miss her she has been with you for a long time'
Always the last to know :(

samb
16-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Mindee (6) who ive had for nearly 3 years told me in August that they were moving to Canada in November.
Didnt believe her until i got to the school and the other mums were saying 'oh you will miss her she has been with you for a long time'

Oh no! That really is bad!

Chimps Childminding
16-11-2012, 02:49 PM

Oooohhh thats not a nice way to find out :( Sometimes I think people (parents) forget how attached we get to the children/family and its not that they deliberately don't tell us things, they just don't think :rolleyes:

jackie 7
16-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I lived in switzerland as a nanny, i had moved from london to holland and then zurich with them. as far as I knew we were moving back to london after 2 years. after 11/2 years kids told me parents had sold london house and were staying in zurich. I handed in my notice!

doodles
19-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I think the parents thought if they told me they were going that i would advertise and maybe take on another child to replace her before they left leaving them with no childcare for the last couple of months.
This mindee has stayed overnight with me on around 40 occasions in the 3 years so i am very attached to her and would never dream of doing something like that.:(