PDA

View Full Version : a bit nervouse

adele1985
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
ive just lost my full time mindee as she moved away

got a phone call yesterday enquiring about 2 full times spaces for a 2 year old and a under 1

they are coming to have a look around tomorrow afternoon (wanting to start in january)

i havent cared for a under 1 since i started doing this on my own so havent got any sort of equipment

obversly if they sign ill get everything i need before january

do you think this will make a diffrance

I have a few baby toys and a play mat which im planning to dig out today

i cant really think of what else i can do as i dont want to go out and buy anything until contracts are signed

caz3007
11-11-2012, 12:45 PM
It not unreasonable to say you havent got any toys and bits for the under 1 and that you have some time to sort it. When I first got mindies I had a 5 month old and had nothing, but had a few weeks notice so got stuff in x

Mouse
11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
How old is the baby?

Could you make up a quick treasure basket (suitable for all ages)? Just put in bits & bobs that you find round the house - wooden spoons, metal spoons, wooden bracelet, pieces of fabric etc. Basically anything you see that isn't plastic & that looks interesting.

You could simply put it on the mat & let baby explore it. Explain to parents how it's nice for childen to have a variety of things to play with, not just the colourful plastic toys, although you will of course sort plenty of those out before they start with you :D

adele1985
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM
thanks for the replays :)

I have got a few things for her to play with, ive got sensory baskets (balls of difffent colours, sizes, some flash) a wooden basket (wooden spoons ect) i also have homemade sensory bottles (coloured water, glitter, beads ect)

think im just nervouse as i could really do with them signing my income has took a really big hit since my other mindee left

also do you think it will make a diffrance that i dont have another minder incase im poorly or need to be off (this hasent happpend in the last 2 years - unless im on holiday of course)

how many of u have minders u can call on if you need to be off

AliceK
11-11-2012, 08:56 PM
thanks for the replays :)

I have got a few things for her to play with, ive got sensory baskets (balls of difffent colours, sizes, some flash) a wooden basket (wooden spoons ect) i also have homemade sensory bottles (coloured water, glitter, beads ect)

think im just nervouse as i could really do with them signing my income has took a really big hit since my other mindee left

also do you think it will make a diffrance that i dont have another minder incase im poorly or need to be off (this hasent happpend in the last 2 years - unless im on holiday of course)

how many of u have minders u can call on if you need to be off

I haven't. I know a couple of good minders and we have playdates together but they are full so wouldn't be able to help.

Good luck tomorrow

xx

adele1985
13-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Viewing came last night and all went well i think, not what i was expecting tho lol.

mum was still pregnant, baby due in march so it wasent this january but next january she wants a full time space for baby and a part time place for little boy

and until then she wants half a day a week for little boy (who was gorgouse) he wasent impressed at going home tho lol

glad i didnt buy any baby equipment at the shops yesterday tho lol