PDA

View Full Version : Business name

kez1610
09-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi,

Just wanted someone elses opinion please on a business name...

I have just passed my Pre-reg visit & so now awaiting confirmation from Ofsted. I would like to get a name & logo sorted so I can be ready to start advertising when my confirmation comes through.

My hubby & I have come up with a list of names & my current favourite is 'Small Wonders Childcare'. However there is a Toddler Group with that name about 10 minute drive away from mine. Would you avoid using it because the name is used elsewhere or think it is ok as it is used for a different service?

I also had name 'Little Wonder' on list but seem to much prefer 'small' as opposed to 'little'.

Thanks for reading. xx

Footprints
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I really would not use the same name as the toddler group. I have be In a similar situation with my other company where a company said I was using a name like there's (it wasn't)it cost us thousands to fight the claim we did win but the stress was awfull. Not only that you don't want yo confuse possible customers. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Chimps Childminding
10-11-2012, 07:29 PM
If there is already a group with the same name, then I would think of another!! You don't want to get people confused, or start any trouble by using the name someone else is already using! Sorry no help I know :(