PDA

View Full Version : OMG i'm being inundated

dette
09-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Its been a bit quiet here since mid september ,my youngest son and my full time mindee started school and my other full timer moved all on the same week leaving me with just one toddler for 3 full days and the after schoolie .
i've never had a day without children since my eldest was born nearly 22 years ago,ive always had a new baby before the previous one started school ( i have 7 kids)
on the very first day when i was supposed to be child free my youngest DS was put back on half days at school as he wasnt managing to behave for the full day,august baby so just turned 4,so when he was finally in full days i got my well deserved 6 1/2 hours off .
anyway after a month of having a little bit of peace ive had 5 enquires for childcare THIS WEEK !!!!! .one signed up 3 full days starting next week.one wants 18hrs starting feb.they told a friend who's coming on wednesday and wants 3 full days starting in jan another wants one full day and the other family need 3 full weeks during jan and feb.
ive done the working out and i can take them all apart from the 3 full week
a total of 81 extra childminding hours per week :) what a pay rise

Daisy De
09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Doesn't it always happen like that, nothing at all then everything at once.

Never lose hope, always something coming around the corner :)

Congratulations on your pay rise :clapping:

Maza
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
It really is mad how that happens! Good luck and well done. x

karen m
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
It is crazy , i had a before/after school 5 days a week was really struggling then i signed 3 families in 2 days both with 2 children so now i have A from 8 till 5 Monday ,B from 12 till 5 Monday, Tuesday - Friday C &D from 6.30 till 5 ,E from 12 till 5 Monday - Thursday F from 3-5 Monday -Friday, so all extra hours from September have been great. aLTHOUGH WE ALL KNOW IN THIS JOB COULD BE BACK TO HAVING NONE AGAIN NEXT WEEK

miffy
10-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Congratulations! I say make the most of the quiet time now because it sounds like you're going to be mega busy next year!

Miffy xx

lynncjt
10-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Well done you! Great news!

dette
10-11-2012, 07:32 PM
thanks x yep gonna be mega busy

mum24
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Hooray some good news at last, so happy for you.:clapping:
Things so slow here, four of our local childminders have no work at all!!!
Hopefully things picking up now.

winstonian
10-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow! get ready for lots of fun then :)

Tracey1805
10-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Congratulations!! Hope some of your luck falls my way, i've been quiet for ages now and have just lost one who was 3 full days a week so am now desperate to get a replacement - just in time for Christmas :-(

migimoo
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Me too!! Had 1 LO leave last week and I was starting to worry how I was going to cope....within 3 days I had 2 different parents wanting to start both with more hours than the one who left and am struggling to fit them in (luckily 1 is flexible so i've moved her hours around)

I think that's the problem with this job-it's feast or famine!

sonyach
10-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Ooooohhhhhh You big show off!!!!!

Only joking that's excellent. Well done!!:D

migimoo
11-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Thank you Sonyach....I am one of this worlds worriers though-I could have no spaces available and will still lie in bed at night worrying about next September when i'll lose a few to school/nursery.....something i'm going to have to stop doing in this job.:blush:

Most of the local CM's I speak to seem busy at the moment-our town must be having some sort of job boom!

jackie 7
11-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Well done, I have 1 going to nursery 2 days a week now as mum wants him to be more social, I now need to replace his 3 days, he is coming another day. I found out I was not on some lists so I am busy telling any cms I have space. A bit scary but I just hope i get the calls.

mrs_scottydog
11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
That's great news. Enjoy the quiet while you can while knowing you've got some great (and busy) times ahead with your new children Hx