PDA

View Full Version : E-petition

OakTree
09-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Apologies if this has already been posted.

HMRC to pay Childcare Element of Working Tax Credit Directly to Childcare Providers - e-petitions (http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/28247)

Pipsqueak
09-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Don't think it has been posted but sorry I won't be supporting this.
I don't want to be paid directly - I don't want that responsiblilty of parents or TC's messing up payments and me having to repay
parents should be responsible for their own claims/money

What I DO think should happen is that upon application TC's/HMRC should send the client a piece of paper to give to us that we have to verify and send back - x-referncing with the URN etc..
give us a number to call to verify the claim as well and to let them know of future changes...

hectors house
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Pity the money can't go into a voucher account like the people who do it through work scheme - then the parents can't get it back out to spend on anything else, so they may as well use it to pay us (on timee)!

I used to think before that it would make more sense for Childcare tax credits to be paid direct to childcare setting but after all the hassle I have had recently with just checking that my milk provider has claimed for the amount they have supplied me, due to the government wanting me to work it out from the 1st to 31st of month - where the milk supplier and I work on a w/c basis - tempted to tell them to stick it as I am fed up with checking my register each month just for 4 pints of milk a week, that I could buy in Asda for £1 - I can imagine Tax Credits would be just has complicated.

sarah707
09-11-2012, 11:37 AM
I have had many dealings with tax credits over the years - and the majority have been negative experiences.

I don't want them paying me and getting it wrong and then asking me for money back that I have maybe spent because I haven't realised there was a problem.

I don't feel they are quick enough to respond to changes either so I really believe that they have the capacity to muck it up big time and then it would be our responsibility.

Sorry I won't be supporting your petition either.

However, I do feel there has to be a better way! I have had parents spend tax credits money on other things - then pay me late so I know how it feels :(

christine e
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Pity the money can't go into a voucher account like the people who do it through work scheme - then the parents can't get it back out to spend on anything else, so they may as well use it to pay us (on timee)!

I used to think before that it would make more sense for Childcare tax credits to be paid direct to childcare setting but after all the hassle I have had recently with just checking that my milk provider has claimed for the amount they have supplied me, due to the government wanting me to work it out from the 1st to 31st of month - where the milk supplier and I work on a w/c basis - tempted to tell them to stick it as I am fed up with checking my register each month just for 4 pints of milk a week, that I could buy in Asda for £1 - I can imagine Tax Credits would be just has complicated.

The voucher system was suggested at last year's NCMA conference and a resolution was passed so it is a case of watch this space, although deregulation seems to be the forefront at the moment I am sure that this suggestion will come back to the front burner once deregulation is sorted. Totally agree with Pipsqueak, if we were paid direct we would be responsible for repaying any overpaid credits and as someone who has dealt with tax credits in the past (for something very simple) I would not like to have to be dealing with them.

hectors house
09-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't know who I trust more not to mess up payments - the government or the parents!

FussyElmo
09-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Exactly the same as the others one petition I won't be supporting. There has to be a better way.

cathtee
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I would support the voucher system then parents can't spend it on other things before we get our money I have a parent that I'm sure
doesn't put my fees before luxuries:mad:

mum24
09-11-2012, 01:17 PM

Totally agree with all of this
Re milk i get 2 pints a week, what a hassle.