PDA

View Full Version : Car stickers, please don't park too close

edayhouse
08-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Has anyone got a sticker for there car that says please don't park too close I parked this morning and went for a walk with my 3 little ones, 2 in the double pram and one walking, when I got back to the car there was no room for me to walk around the back of my car let alone open the boot to put the pram in....I was not a happy bunny!

I got the children in the car and luckily enough there wasn't another car in front of me so I left the
Pram, drove forward got out of the car, managed to open the boot and put pram in.....

Thanks In advance

Ripeberry
08-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Its quite easy to make your own. Just print it out onto photo paper and stick on the inside of the window.

bunyip
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
While we're on the subject, does anyone have a notice telling selfish drivers not to park on the pavement?

I'm sick of having to take the pushchair into the road because some drivers think the pavements are there for people who don't know how to park safely. :veryangry:

mama2three
08-11-2012, 11:12 AM
While we're on the subject, does anyone have a notice telling selfish drivers not to park on the pavement?

I'm sick of having to take the pushchair into the road because some drivers think the pavements are there for people who don't know how to park safely. :veryangry:

I attempt to squeeze through - if the paintwork suffers then so be it!
Wednesdays schoolrun is a nightmare - between bleeding wheelybins haphazardly blocking my path and drivers parked on the paths I spend more time in the road than anything - with a double buggy and a lo holding each side.
The flippin workmen are as bad - one bit of the path has been dug up so they have put traffic signs to tell traffic the road narrows - on the other path! So no matter which side Im on Im kn...ed!!

bunyip
08-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Wednesdays schoolrun is a nightmare - between bleeding wheelybins haphazardly blocking my path and drivers parked on the paths I spend more time in the road than anything - with a double buggy and a lo holding each side.
The flippin workmen are as bad - one bit of the path has been dug up so they have put traffic signs to tell traffic the road narrows - on the other path! So no matter which side Im on Im kn...ed!!

Yup. The only place they leave room is where the pavement is covered in glass or big, steaming dog-turds. The police say it's a local authority matter, the LA say it's a police matter.

Wheelie bins drive me mad too. The council send stroppy letters telling us to keep them "on the boundary of your property" and not to block the pavement, then guess where they leave them after emptying...? You got it.

Oh, and guess who had three palettes of bricks blocking the pavement outside her house whilst she had an extension built? Yup, the local councillor. That one backfired when a local wheelchair user found she hadn't got planning permission, so the extension has to come down. :magnificent:

Mouse
08-11-2012, 12:12 PM

I don't even attempt to squeeze through - I march purposely through secretly hoping the pushchair scrapes down the side of the car :p

Around our infant school & nursery is awful. It's an awkward road anyway & people park wherever they want to - on the bend, on the pavement, anywhere they can fit in. What's annoying is there is plenty of space a street away, if they could just be bothered to walk :panic:

AliceK
08-11-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't even attempt to squeeze through - I march purposely through secretly hoping the pushchair scrapes down the side of the car :p
Around our infant school & nursery is awful. It's an awkward road anyway & people park wherever they want to - on the bend, on the pavement, anywhere they can fit in. What's annoying is there is plenty of space a street away, if they could just be bothered to walk :panic:

Me too.

xxx

jillplum
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I scrape the kids and buggy down the side of the car or run over the front garden if there is space there. usually making loud tutting noises at the same time lol

mum22
08-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I scrape the kids and buggy down the side of the car or run over the front garden if there is space there. usually making loud tutting noises at the same time lol

How about a little device on the buggy wheels similar to the spikes they used to have on chariots which a retractable and after a few flat tyres offending parkers may stop ????

jillplum
08-11-2012, 10:55 PM
hmmm I wonder how I can fix something like this to the wheels??? Maybe I can just give the children something sharp to hold :eek:

cathtee
09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I'd also like one for the cars that park in the parent and child spaces that clearly do not have a child with them, this really annoys me,:angry:
and don't get me started abouth the ones that park on the zig zags outside the school or the ones that try to run our lollipop lady
over on a regular basis:angry:

Rant Over

ChocolateChip
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM

My neighbours are the worst at this, drives me mad!!! :angry::angry:
I live at the top od a cul-de-sac, my neighbours have 4 (!!!) cars, only one parking space since they decided to turn their garage into a storeroom/ bike workshop and they constantly clog up the turning bays and pavements, knowing full well I need to get past with several children everyday. I no longer tell the children to be careful of the cars, and am considering attaching keyrings to their book bags! :blush::p:D

bunyip
09-11-2012, 02:54 PM
What I really don't get is why so many people park on the pavement when they have their own driveway or tarmac-ed front parking space, which they can't be a:censored:ed to use.

:confused: