PDA

View Full Version : Do many school let children in early?

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I have had enquiry and she was willing to start both her children on Monday.

I was all "yes, that's fine" until i realised the school that she wants me to drop off to is a 10 min walk from the one I go to take Tim.

The thing is they both go in at the same time and she is desperate for someone to help her.

She was wondering if the school might allow her daughter to go in at 8:30 (she starts at 8.45). The school has no breakfast clubs or anything.

Do you know of any school that do this around your way?

She is going to ask the school on Monday and if it is ok she will ask me to have them on Tuesday.

tulip0803
20-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Our school has a breakfast club but will only accept children that are registered for breakfast before they open the doors. They wil not allow you to drop children off even 5 mins early if they are not in breakfast club.

The individual school may make an exception but my children have been to 3 different schools and none of them let them in early. She can only ask the school. The other alternative is if she asked if she could be late by 5-10 mins each day. They may allow that as the children are still getting settled in class.

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks Julia,

I think the schools would rather them be let in early rhan be in late, they are really hot on that around here. At Tim's school of they are late more than twice in a month they get a demerit :mad: Plus it also gets put on there attendance report.

mumtodaniel
20-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Almost weekly in our school's newsletter it say no children allowed early and stipulates time allowed, so I suspect answer will be no, as who will be responsible for the children supervision. Hopefully you will find a solution, good luck.

Maureen

angeldelight
20-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Well I think its worth asking even if they do not usually allow it

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

tulip0803
20-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Here they complain if they are early. They do mention lateness but would prefer late to early.

ruby
20-06-2008, 09:20 PM
the school here has stated in news letter that children are not allowed in before 8.45 but they do have a breakfast club which starts at 8.30

it would do no harm in asking the school at least then she can work something out

cathy

manjay
21-06-2008, 07:08 AM
We have free breakfast at school from 8:15 but you have to be registered. Anyone else can not arrive before 8:50 when the teachers are willing to take responsibility.

You can only ask I suppose. I will only do drop offs and pick ups at one school or it gets too complicated

miffy
21-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Our primary school will not take responsibility for the children until 0840am - school starts at 0850am - the children are not allowed in school until 0850am unless it is chucking it down with rain

miffy xx