PDA

View Full Version : christmas decorations !

jashol
07-11-2012, 12:35 PM
hi guys

wondered if you could help christmas decorations do any of you have new risk policys for when you put these up ? first year minding at christmas so not really sure where i stand with this

any advice :)

Tink
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
I have a risk assessment on it but a Christmas tree will be in every child's home anyway, and I am sure you will be more wary with the little ones. We sometimes have to chill and live our lives, I've come to realize I need to lighten up a little and remember I am a Mummy too and this is my home:thumbsup:

JCrakers
07-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes do have one but teach my mindees not to touch my tree otherwise it will be over. They are usually quite good at looking but no touching....I wish my cats were equally as behaved :mad: :D

My RA mainly contains info about the wiring for the lights and making sure its not available to be pulled or wrapped round someones neck. Also I don't put small items on the tree that could cause choking. The tree is in my lounge and the young children don't really go in there but they occasionally do.
I also have a small one on the kitchen worktop and make sure the wire isn't accessible like I would the kettle

jackie 7
07-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I never thought about a ra, will do one. I put the toy boxes around the tree to protect it and them. I dont put my good glass decorations on.