PDA

View Full Version : Early years first aid

cloud9
20-06-2008, 08:08 PM
ARGHHH i have the 1st day of my 1st aid course tomorrow as my current one expires next month. I hate this course!:laughing: :panic:

Mollymop
20-06-2008, 08:31 PM
yeah I hate first aid courses as well. I hope the day goes quickly for you xx

sarah707
20-06-2008, 09:39 PM
It's mine next month ... 2 Saturdays taken up!

You'll have to listen as well, Pauline says the ratios of breaths to compressions have changed :(

manjay
20-06-2008, 09:51 PM

You'll have to listen as well, Pauline says the ratios of breaths to compressions have changed :(

I was the swot in our class last week when I remembered Pauline's 5:32:D
Think mine is a bit of a waste of time really. Apparently what is required by CSSIW is not as prescriptive as what OFSTED require. So we probably had about 4 hours tuition last week and we have the second half tomorrow:( Think I would have been better reading my book

cloud9
21-06-2008, 06:31 PM

yeah its all changed alot now the main one being 5 rescue breaths then 30 compressions then its 3 breaths to 30 compressions. But the difference is it is now the same for babies, toddlers, juniors and adults so its alot easier.

And the bect part of the course was that there was only me and 1 other lady so the day obviously went alot faster so we was able to leave earlier, the downside there was a 50% chance you were going to get every other question asked and be the volunteer. Is also made it more intensive but i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed it and am really looking forward to next week.

manjay
21-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Thought the ratio was 30:2

Dh and I finished ours today and apart from the usual PITA person it was really good. The training company have even agreed to provide dh with an approved person certificate which he can use in his "day" job

miffy
21-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Blimey only two of you!

My last first aid course there were so many people that we had to complain because the instructor just couldn't cope! Think they had just carried on booking people on and it meant we couldn't get through everything quickly enough.

It's one course I absolutely hate!

miffy xx

cloud9
22-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Thought the ratio was 30:2

Dh and I finished ours today and apart from the usual PITA person it was really good. The training company have even agreed to provide dh with an approved person certificate which he can use in his "day" job

sorry i must have hit 3 instead of 2. yep its 30:2.