PDA

View Full Version : What to do when finishing childminding?

juelmer
07-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi

I am planning on finishing childminding in April as I am due to have a baby in June :clapping:

I'm not sure if I will finish for good or start again when the baby is about 9 months old, I'll just see how I get on with my own 2 first! Apart from giving the parents notice which I have done, what else do I need to do? Should I contact Ofsted now to let them know or nearer the time?

Thanks,

Julie

Ripeberry
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Congratulations :clapping: But if I was you I'd still keep my registration, just in case you wanted to start up again. You would need to keep paying the Ofsted fees each year but at least you won't have the long winded pre-registration process again. But then if you are sure you won't ever go back to it then I'd contact Ofsted nearer the time.
Good luck :)

Trouble
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I finished in feb I have still kept my registration as it saves time if I ever go back :D and I'm not 100% ready to let go

i would be completely sure before you get rid of everything, I got rid of 90% of stuff but still can't make up my mind for sure

i now work in a nursery once you have been a childminder it's very hard to convert to how someone else runs things:panic:

good luck xx

Kiddleywinks
07-11-2012, 06:58 PM
You can stay registered for up to 3 years I believe, just call Ofsted and tell them you have no children on roll and they'll begin the 3 yr countdown
Ofsted fee and insurance needs to be renewed every year