PDA

View Full Version : sickness help ASAP

adele1985
07-11-2012, 08:06 AM
just had a text from parent saying wont be in till later as lo was sick last night so shes letter her sleep in

she was sick as a result of caughing to much

do i still need to exclude for being sick is all sick classed as 48 hour exclusion no matter why they where sick

i need a quick reply as i need to get back to mum

kindredspirits
07-11-2012, 08:29 AM
yes exclude - there is a sickness bug doing the rounds and you would be irresponsible for taking a chance, blame it on needing to think about your other mindees - and tell mum if she protests that you are sure if it was another child who potentially had a bug you wouldn't want it passed onto her LO.

AliceK
07-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes I agree. There is a bug doing the rounds here as well. It only seems to be a 24hr thing and some children are only being sick once or twice but still I wouldn't be taking any chances. Exclude.

xxx

handeme
07-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes exclude, sick is sick. My little boy is poorly at the moment and has had a dreaded sickness bug and we are on our 8th day. I wouldn't risk taking the child in.

x

adele1985
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
thanks for the advice everyone :)

melco
08-11-2012, 10:57 AM
thanks for the advice everyone :)

Hi, what did the parent say when you told her?

I have had the same thing recently and my parent took her child to the doctors to get a sick certificate to confirm lo did not have a stomach bug and was not happy to pay for the days lo was not able to come.

Hope your parent was more understanding!!

melco

Pipsqueak
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi, what did the parent say when you told her?

I have had the same thing recently and my parent took her child to the doctors to get a sick certificate to confirm lo did not have a stomach bug and was not happy to pay for the days lo was not able to come.

Hope your parent was more understanding!!

melco

just out of interest did the doctor give a certificate stating it wasn't a tummy bug??? :D

melco
08-11-2012, 11:06 AM
just out of interest did the doctor give a certificate stating it wasn't a tummy bug??? :D

Yes he did and she stuck it in his diary so I would see it!!

I am shocked that a doctor did that but I think that she probably did not explain my side that as a childminder I still could not risk him being in my setting just in case.

She is now calling it a "condition" that he suffers with and all the childminders she met last week (when she was away and could not pay me) told her that they would take him if sickness cause by cough. I still stuck to my guns and explained that when she called she said lo was asleep because he was unwell and was sick the night before so I said he could not come. It was 15mins later that she text saying it was a cough and because I knew she was desperate for childcare I could not risk her not telling the truth!! So basically told her she could have been lying!! Ooops. He finishes on the 22nd - so looking forward to that day.

Pipsqueak
08-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Yes he did and she stuck it in his diary so I would see it!!

I am shocked that a doctor did that but I think that she probably did not explain my side that as a childminder I still could not risk him being in my setting just in case.

She is now calling it a "condition" that he suffers with and all the childminders she met last week (when she was away and could not pay me) told her that they would take him if sickness cause by cough. I still stuck to my guns and explained that when she called she said lo was asleep because he was unwell and was sick the night before so I said he could not come. It was 15mins later that she text saying it was a cough and because I knew she was desperate for childcare I could not risk her not telling the truth!! So basically told her she could have been lying!! Ooops. He finishes on the 22nd - so looking forward to that day.

OMG - seriously a licensed professional GP produced a certificate without testing (I presume) the child to say it was NOT a sickness bug? I am sorry but to me that is breach of his professionalism or some such similar. I also think Iwould have been asking to be able to speak with GP and explain about being a setting and blah and getting a more holistic view etc.... WOuld have called her bluff.

And TBH - this MY setting, MY home and I call the shots....piff!

Stapleton83
08-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Yes exclude, sick is sick. My little boy is poorly at the moment and has had a dreaded sickness bug and we are on our 8th day. I wouldn't risk taking the child in.

x

Poor you my daughter is on her 6th day and I am hoping she is going to be better soon as I am at my wits end! Has he got any medicine?

Hope he gets better soon.

Sam x

melco
08-11-2012, 11:26 AM
OMG - seriously a licensed professional GP produced a certificate without testing (I presume) the child to say it was NOT a sickness bug? I am sorry but to me that is breach of his professionalism or some such similar. I also think Iwould have been asking to be able to speak with GP and explain about being a setting and blah and getting a more holistic view etc.... WOuld have called her bluff.

And TBH - this MY setting, MY home and I call the shots....piff!

I wanted to call the doctors and see why they did that but did not know if allowed. Its frustrating because they don't want you to take a child with a sickness bug into the doctors as it will spread the bug but he thinks I should have taken the child just because the parent says it to do with his cough. But even when I saw it I still felt that it was my decision as like you said and the saying I have been coming out with since this happened is my business, my rules!!!

adele1985
08-11-2012, 11:40 AM
im lucky enough to have fantastic parents and there were no problems :)