PDA

View Full Version : False allegations /complaint made...HELP!

Nik1971
07-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi,
This is my first post on here although I am a lurker!

Anyway..... I'm going to make this as short as possible..
I had my ofsted inspection Monday,which went very well....retained my good grade and told I'm "a fraction form outstanding" but part of the reason why I was inspected was that ofsted had received a complaint about me.

I was totally and utterly baffled as the complaint raised 6 different issues and I was sure they had the wrong childminder!
One complaint was that I "smoke in the house but cover the smell with lots of air fresher" .....I don't smoke,haven't for 15 years and am asthmatic and THE biggest anti smoker you will ever come across!
Every single issue that was raised was false, the only way I know who made the allegations was the inspector told me the sex/ages of the children and that they were siblings.

Theses children left my care 3years ago!! The parent had NEVER expressed any concern about my care or my setting.

Why leave it 3 years to complain?!

Ofsted obviously saw no evidence of any of the issues (as they are all made up!) and no action will be taken and the complaint won't show on my records/report.

BUT my problem is, I live in a small village where you can't fart in public without it being in the local paper the next week, and I have someone making false allegations about me!!

What can I do?

rickysmiths
07-11-2012, 08:07 AM
I would do nothing and hold your head high. If you find malicious rumors are being spread you write to Ofsted under the Freedom of information act and ask for the name of the person who made the complaint. You then go to a solicitor and ask them to write a suitable letter informing them that if they continue to do this you will be sueing them for Deformation of Character.

k1rstie
07-11-2012, 08:20 AM
"smoke in the house but cover the smell with lots of air fresher"

even if you had, so what?

The rules say you cannot smoke in the presense of children, bla bla bla.

They do not say that if there is a smoker in the house, you can never smoke in your home - even at weekends!

I am a non-smoker, but its your home. So unless there are minded kids present, its your home.

There seems to be a lot of these complaints being investigated at the moment. A local cm had one saying she left kids in the car. She didnt even work the day of the incident!! What a waste of time and money !!

Gets me cross

Well done for your great inspection grade.:cheerleader:

BucksCM
07-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Sorry you went through this but yeah for you for a great grade! :clapping::D

Ripeberry
07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Well done on your grade :clapping: But at least you know who made the complaint and if they continue do what Rickysmith said. Pity we can't complain about parents :rolleyes:

JCrakers
07-11-2012, 09:12 AM
How very strange..

Well done on your grade...can't believe people have nothing better to do with their time than make up loads of lies :(
Especially after a long time like that

Nik1971
07-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Thank you!

At the present I'm doing just that RickySmiths,I'm telling anyone and everyone how great my inspection was and for once I'm doing some serious hardcore trumpet blowing!

I just feel so hurt and baffled by it, the parent and I remained friendly and still do have the odd chat in the school playground..
3 years for goodness sake 3 YEARS!!!!!

Bluebell
07-11-2012, 09:48 AM
could you use the local village mentality to your advantage - for example promote how good you are - advertise the fact that you 've just had an Ofsted and highlight the good comments made. That way people will be focusing on the good things - the facts - rather than some malicious incorrect rumour.

hectors house
07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Congratulations on the nearly Outstanding inspection - sing your praises in your village, don't mention that you had your inspection early due to a complaint being made. Can you give us any tips or ideas for what an inspector is now looking for?

It is very strange that the person you think has complained left so long ago - would she have any other reasons to be jealous of something you are doing in your life now? But it is one thing to bad mouth you to someone in the village but completely another to take the time to complain to Ofsted.

JCrakers
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you!

At the present I'm doing just that RickySmiths,I'm telling anyone and everyone how great my inspection was and for once I'm doing some serious hardcore trumpet blowing!

I just feel so hurt and baffled by it, the parent and I remained friendly and still do have the odd chat in the school playground..

You cant be sure it was her though can you ? It seems very strange that she would complain 3yrs later especially if you still talk to her....Could it be someone else?

Anyway, forget about that and get on with being Fab :D

Nik1971
07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Jcrakers, yes I know it's definatly her as the inspector told me the sex/ages of the siblings and one complaint that was made could only have come from her......don't want to elaborate on here!

Unfortunately the lady does have a bit of a reputation locally for being very scatty and a big "bagladyish" .....frequently seen out wearing odd shoes ;)

Just to clarify...my inspection was overdue so the complaint has kinda done me a favour!

Hectors house , main thing that they are looking for is planning,observing,next steps and showing how the child is progressing in your care ALSO big thing is showing how you communicate/work with the parents.

Hope that helps a little :)

k1rstie
07-11-2012, 01:08 PM

You might be surprised, if you find out who it was. For example, It could have been the parent just talking to someone else - and they were duty bound to report it.

If the parent can still maintain eye contact with you in the playground, maybe someone else did it

But as has been said - you can now tell people that you have had a recent inspection under the new rules, and done brilliantly

Nik1971
07-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks for your replies.
I'm sure I know who it was.... The inspector read out extracts from her "transcript"........."my son" "my children" etc.....

If any of the allegations were true I'd take it on the chin,make improvements and move on BUT none are!

Unfortunatly the lady has a reputation in the village for being a bit scatty....shes frequently wearing odd shoes :-/

I've spoken to ofsted about my concerns and they've advised I put in in writing so that's my next step. :))

blue bear
07-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Has anyone else
Poked after the children in those three years, could it be she gave your name but meant someone else if she is that scatty?

Well done on your grade, try and put it behind you or it will drive you crazy.

Nik1971
08-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Has anyone else
Poked after the children in those three years, could it be she gave your name but meant someone else if she is that scatty?

Well done on your grade, try and put it behind you or it will drive you crazy.

Thanks bluebear,
She DEFO meant me, she used my sons full name...claiming he smokes in the house and that I leave the children with him All day whilst I go and get a manicure !!!
It's laughable really!

I've spoken to ofsted and they advised I put my concerns in writing and if further false accusations from her come through they will at least be able to see some history on it.

Daftbat
08-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I would do nothing and hold your head high. If you find malicious rumors are being spread you write to Ofsted under the Freedom of information act and ask for the name of the person who made the complaint. You then go to a solicitor and ask them to write a suitable letter informing them that if they continue to do this you will be sueing them for Deformation of Character.

I would be interested if this actually works. A few years ago I had a malicious complaint against me but ofsted never answered my request for the details of the complainant...... I hope it does for you but as Ricky says hold your head high!

singlewiththree
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I would be interested if this actually works. A few years ago I had a malicious complaint against me but ofsted never answered my request for the details of the complainant...... I hope it does for you but as Ricky says hold your head high!

Ofsted wouldn't give the details to me either but I knew it was in the end.