PDA

View Full Version : Need a 7 seater any suggestions

Jenna
06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
At the moment I've got a lovely black Seat Leon FR we had it brand new 3 years ago (before i even thought about childminding). Now the problem has come i can't get everyone in the car so my lovely pride and joy will have to go :( and be replaced with something more practical for work. I love the Ford S Max but just wondered what everyone else had and would or wouldn't recommend buying.

k1rstie
06-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I have a Citrion Grand Picasso C4. Much easier to get in and out of than my old zafira. Looked at smax, thought mine was bigger.

When all seats are up, can only fit an unbrella type buggy in the boot. In my zafira( my husband still uses), only a mama and papas aria double would fit in the back

hope this helps

loocyloo
06-11-2012, 03:05 PM
i've got a toyota verso. nice sized 5 seater car with decent boot. 2 pop up seats in the boot - this gives a tiny boot! i can only get a single stroller in then.

Tazmin68
06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I have a zaf. My husband works for Hyundai and I have used a sante fe in the past they are just about to bring a new 7 seat out which has more boot space than zaf. I am going to be test driving one for a month and see what I think.

loocyloo
06-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I have a zaf. My husband works for Hyundai and I have used a sante fe in the past they are just about to bring a new 7 seat out which has more boot space than zaf. I am going to be test driving one for a month and see what I think.

oo, whats the santa fe like? DH is quite keen on my having one of those next !!!

we, or rather DH ! was considering a mitsibishi outlander, but a ( non CM friend ) has one and its useless for car seats!

2kidsunder5
06-11-2012, 05:18 PM
I love my Zaffy (Zafira). Can get 3 car seats in middle and with both seats up in the back I can still get my baby gogo buggy in, only problem being, and this may be the same for all 7 seaters, when I use all 3 car seats in the middle you can't then slide the middle seat forward to get to the back seats, but we manage. :D

mrs robbie williams
06-11-2012, 06:45 PM
i have a zaffy at the moment but not really keen - used to have a chrysler grande voyager and LOVED IT !!! was perfect was childminding, walkway between the seats, huge boot even with the 7 seats up, seats could be easily removed and it was then massive if needed to collect furniture etc., but unfortunately way too expensive to run :(:(:(:(

MrsP2C
06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I've recently got a VW Touran and LOVE it. 3 proper seats in the back, 2 in the boot that fold down completely flat making a huge boot when I'm not CMing and space for a Jane double with all 7 seats in use but doesn't feel like a mega bus like some of the people carriers do.:thumbsup:

sharonmanc
06-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I've recently got a VW Touran and LOVE it. 3 proper seats in the back, 2 in the boot that fold down completely flat making a huge boot when I'm not CMing and space for a Jane double with all 7 seats in use but doesn't feel like a mega bus like some of the people carriers do.:thumbsup:

music to my ears, especially about fitting the Jane in whit seats up, i am looking at this or the Sharan, hoping to get it in the new year, cannot afford brand new so looking at one 4 years old. ooh wanted to ask how much is road tax, and what are running costs like?

Pipsqueak
06-11-2012, 08:25 PM
old style Kia Sedona. 3 seats across the back two in the middle
I can get my P&T's in the boot space plus other stuff
been a great reliable car
can be a bit thirsty, tax heavy

but for me as a minder and as a family (we use it to tow a massive caravan) - its fab

MrsP2C
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
music to my ears, especially about fitting the Jane in whit seats up, i am looking at this or the Sharan, hoping to get it in the new year, cannot afford brand new so looking at one 4 years old. ooh wanted to ask how much is road tax, and what are running costs like?

Not sure about running costs yet as I've only pootled about locally but it says 46mpg & tax was £135 (mine in diesel).

k1rstie
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
after an accident this week, my parents have got the biggest hire car i have ever seen

Its a hyundia i800. It has 8 seats with the arrangement 2-3-3. Plus a huge boot with all the seats up. I think you could even put one of those huge quad buggies in it without collapsing.

It was a 2012 car, probably cost a fortune. my kids will have a fit when they see it.

Might put it on my list for Santa!!! I would just have to drive round all day, cos would never be able to park or reverse!!!!

smurfette
07-11-2012, 05:21 PM
after an accident this week, my parents have got the biggest hire car i have ever seen

Its a hyundia i800. It has 8 seats with the arrangement 2-3-3. Plus a huge boot with all the seats up. I think you could even put one of those huge quad buggies in it without collapsing.

It was a 2012 car, probably cost a fortune. my kids will have a fit when they see it.

Might put it on my list for Santa!!! I would just have to drive round all day, cos would never be able to park or reverse!!!!

Ooh I am drooling over that! Would love an 8 seater to bring a friend home for the girls after school or for those times when there is an overlap between mindees... One review though says that the seats don't fold forward for putting large things in if you want to use it like a van .. Is that right? Do they come out?

silvermist
07-11-2012, 05:56 PM
I have a zafira and hate it!! Not at all practical for me x

doris127
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
We've had a zafira for 10 years now. I struggle to get 3 car seats across the middle row and not all car seats fit into the back 2. It's a bit like the krypton factor sometimes trying to work out what the easiest combination would be for who sits where for easiest access. However, I would now not touch Vauxhall with a barge pole as we've had a couple of minor issues with it over the past couple of months. The car is only 4 years old and has started to rust - no problem we thought we have a full service history and a 6 year aniti-corrosion warranty - how wrong were we!!! Won't go near them again after experiencing the worst customer care ever!
I'd love a Sharan - a childminding friend has one and it has magic seats. She ordered it before she went into production and was able to get the 2 back seats done as well as the 2 window seats in the middle row. You press a button and a booster seat pops up out of the seat. Then you just unzip a panel on the back of the seat and you have a 5 point harness. That would be so much easier than swapping all the different car seats around and fitting them every morning!

Logan
07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Love my second hand Chrysler Grand Voyager. 2 front seats, 2 behind, 3 at the back. Can walk between two back seats to strap children into 3rd row. And can get pushchairs easily into the boot, as it has a decent size boot. Plus rear sliding doors & lots of extras. If you look at them new you'll understand why mine's second hand - they are sooooo expensive! A friend's got one & that's what I wanted when we needed to replace our car.

Oh & if you get a stow and go option then all the rear seats can be folded flat so you can transport loads of stuff without hiring a van!

Tazmin68
07-11-2012, 07:40 PM

The i800 is good I used to drive a merc viano 8 sweater which is what the Hyundai i800 is based on. I think the new Hyundai 7 seat is the ix30 or ix35. I have been told it will have bigger boot space than the sant fe and britax keep going into my husbands dealership and testing three car seats accros the middle ready for when boosters will no longer be available