PDA

View Full Version : How many children can I look after now?

ayesha athar
06-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi Everybody! Just a quick question sorry if I sound silly My certificate says that I can have just 2 children under eyfs (i am registered just for early years age group under 5's) At that times I had just 1 child of my own and was taking care of 2 mindees. Now I have a new arrival she is 6 weeks so how many children can I look after at one time now? As I have 2 in early years age of my own? Shall I tell Ofsted to send me new certificate? or can I ask them to increase the numbers? :(

JCrakers
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
If you have two of your own both under 5 then you can have 1 mindee.

Ofsted won't send you a new certificate as they are in the process of sending out new Certs with conditions removed.

I think there is a variation rule about babies...but don't know in full, hope someone can help

sarah707
06-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Childminders can normally have 3 in the early years - so if you have 2 of your own then you have 1 space left for childminding.

For continuity of care, in exceptional circumstances, you can offer 1 more baby space if it's the sibling of a child you already look after or to continue the care of a baby you looked after before.

you will need to follow the process in the 'Changes to conditions of registration' document in free resources at the top of the forum - Changes to Conditions of Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/changestoconditionsofregistration.html)

If you are unsure you should check with the wording in the Eyfs - it is all set out there.

Hth :D

ayesha athar
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks alot guys ...

migimoo
06-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Hypothetical question....I will hopefully have a new LO starting soon with mum doing irregular hours at first but hoping to go full time after Xmas.

On Tuesday between 11:45 and 1pm I have 3 under 5's at present-mum has been told I am unable to offer care on Tuesdays at present due to this and understands,working shifts around it.

If mum's hours do increase and she then needs me to have LO on Tuesdays taking me over my numbers for that 75 minutes will Ofsted allow this under continuity of care?

Don't want to tell her this will be possible if it might not be and waste her time,she's coming Thurs to go over paperwork-would I be best ringing Ofsted or will they see this as me planning ahead without permission?

SORRY-thought i'd clicked 'new thread' not 'reply'....didn't mean to hijack your OP!!:blush:

miffy
06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Hypothetical question....I will hopefully have a new LO starting soon with mum doing irregular hours at first but hoping to go full time after Xmas.

On Tuesday between 11:45 and 1pm I have 3 under 5's at present-mum has been told I am unable to offer care on Tuesdays at present due to this and understands,working shifts around it.

If mum's hours do increase and she then needs me to have LO on Tuesdays taking me over my numbers for that 75 minutes will Ofsted allow this under continuity of care?

Don't want to tell her this will be possible if it might not be and waste her time,she's coming Thurs to go over paperwork-would I be best ringing Ofsted or will they see this as me planning ahead without permission?

SORRY-thought i'd clicked 'new thread' not 'reply'....didn't mean to hijack your OP!!:blush:

Ofsted won't advise you about variations now they will simply refer you to the new Eyfs. If you are already caring for the child then You could grant yourself a variation if mum does need to change her days or hours in the future providing you don't have more than 6 children under 8 in total including your own.

Have a look through the Eyfs and also the documents in free downloads that Sarah mentioned.

Miffy xx

migimoo
06-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Thank you Miffy...already had a read through the link Sarah put above but at this time of night my brain only registers every other word!:laughing:

Thought I could do it as long as I did RA's just wanted to double check really.