View Full Version : Childminding from a property you don't live in

06-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi, I was talking to a fellow childminder today and we were saying how lovely it would be to find a property that we could both childmind from together. So basically rent a house solely for childminding. However just wondering if anyone know what legal things to this I will need to look into about from gaining planning permission and permission from landlord?

06-11-2012, 12:35 PM
You then become childcare on domestic premises and it opens a whole can of worms with business rates etc. A way to do it would be to have someone live upstairs and you childmind downstairs but then there is the CRB issues and safety of the children downstairs. Its a difficult way to do it.