PDA

View Full Version : No shoes

sharonmanc
04-11-2012, 11:19 PM
I have a thing about people wearing shoes in my house, and even though i ask, there is one parent who still tramples though the house with shoes on.

I read on here a lovely poem, but cannot find it now, as i want to put it on my notice board in the hall, in big bold letters :D

Does anyone have any polite wording that I could use to add to my notice board, as i know Dad reads it , so he may take note

appleblossom
04-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Is this it?

Your boots and shoes track dirt on the floor
and we'd just prefer it to stay at the door.

We like our friends and want you to stay,
but the dirt on your shoes gets in our way.

The shoes or friends. Oh which to choose?
Of course it's you. So off go the shoes

hectors house
05-11-2012, 08:19 AM
I put a notice on my lounge door start of Sept asking parents to take shoes off or to use shoe covers supplied (i pinched a couple from local sports centre - they have a dispenser by entrance to pool, so swimming lesson parents can go onto pool side). So far they have all taken off shoes or stayed in hall on laminate flooring if they haven't wanted to take boots off.

winstonian
05-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I have a photo of my 2 little daughters bare feet and laminated it with "No shoes please, Little toes about" and put it on the living room door.

kel1983
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
our parents only come in as far as the dining room which is wooden flooring. We mop daily so not too much of a problem. lo's automatically take there shoes off (and socks) when they come in.

sharonmanc
05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Thank you so much everyone, i love the idea of the pic of the little ones feet.

My house is such that i have a tiny cubicle of a hall, them my living room which is carpeted which leads through to dining room which is wooden floor, so I dont want parents walking through to dining room if we are in there on the carpet, especially when it has been raining and with this time of year.

I usually just greet at the door in the mornign, but it is evening time when theings get a bit lax with parents, think i need to have little ones ready to go, I have started calming things down just after 5 and we come into the front room to read stories until parents pick up, which helps a little

little chickee
05-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I also have a strict no shoes ploicy for everyone.

I have a poster with 4 crawling babies and the words " babies on the floor, leave your shoes at the door".

Mouse
05-11-2012, 11:55 AM
You say you've 'asked' dad not to come in with his shoes on, maybe now is the time to tell him not to do it! The poster is a good idea, but if they ignore you asking, there's a good chance they'll ignore a poster :rolleyes:

With the weather changing, now is the perfect time to send out a reminder letter to all parents. Give a letter out saying that you're going to have to be strict about enforcing the 'no shoes' rule - it's either shoes off, or wait at the door. Even ask which they would rather do. Then enforce it! Don't feel bad about stopping parents walking through. They'll soon get the message :thumbsup:

sharonmanc
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
thanks, i sent out my newsletter yesterday, but think i will put a supplementary note to send home/email too :thumbsup:

jackie 7
05-11-2012, 06:35 PM
as i have a mainly laminated floor the little ones fall the whole time so they keep shoes on. Most of the time i hand over at the door but mud is very different, good luck.

cathtee
05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I have a industrial rubber backed mat inside my front door, parents don't go any further than that, if they do they take off their shoes,
I also have a sign in the porch to remind anyone that comes to take of their shoes it say please and thank you so it's polite:thumbsup:

mum24
05-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Thank you so much everyone, i love the idea of the pic of the little ones feet.

My house is such that i have a tiny cubicle of a hall, them my living room which is carpeted which leads through to dining room which is wooden floor, so I dont want parents walking through to dining room if we are in there on the carpet, especially when it has been raining and with this time of year.

I usually just greet at the door in the mornign, but it is evening time when theings get a bit lax with parents, think i need to have little ones ready to go, I have started calming things down just after 5 and we come into the front room to read stories until parents pick up, which helps a little

Mine is the same, and it drives me batty sometimes, I am considering asking them to come round the back to collect their children so they come through the hard floor, rather than the carpet.