PDA

View Full Version : Would I be mad ?

Tinkerbell1979
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi,

I have only been minding for 5 weeks, going into my 6th and only look after one 8 month old baby girl.

I have 3 children of my own, 7.5 & 2. 2 year old still goes in the double buggy. Would I be made to take on a 13 month old in January so current baby would be 11 months old ?

Opinions please - worried about buggy requirements lol

Jenny

mrs robbie williams
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
will your own child be happy using a buggy board? i have this on a wednesday, i have a 2yr, 1yr and 14m and we cant leave the house - i have a double buggy but 2 year old, although more than capable, wont walk if others are in the buggy - you may need to consider a triple, as its only one day i just either stay in or if dd is around she pushes a single and i push the double and we can then at least walk to the park xx

samb
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I think it depends on how much walking you need to do? How far is your older children's school run? It may be the perfect time to get your 2 yr old walking more? I look after a 2 yr old who has been walking the 0.7 mile (each way) school run since he was 2yrs 2 months without any problems but not all 2 yr olds would. At 1 point I had a 2yr old and 10 month old in a buggy with a buggy board for my 2 yr old on the back and occasionally him and the other 2 yr old swapped to give my son a break. Could your double take a buggy board? As they get older it would be really nice to have the 2 little ones close together in age. Next year I will be having 2 that will be 12m and 13m (only overlaps 1 day a week) but I have been thinking how nice it will be for them. The other under 5 I will have on that day will be 3 so bit easier for me.