PDA

View Full Version : Storage

louise
20-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi, Me again. I'm in need of storage. It is for under my stairs which also has a double/single buggy,hoover plus other little bits. At the mo i have 4 huge boxes which i hate getting out as it is hell to get out. Kids want the one at the bottom ect. they also have 4 normal stacker boxes of baby toys(which i know the moment i put in attic i'd need again)

So far i have seen this
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8753445/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CFurniture+and+furnishings%7C95 54238/c_2/2%7Ccat_9554238%7CStorage%7C9554357/c_3/3%7Ccat_9554357%7CStorage+units+with+drawers%7C955 4360.htm

I need big boxes as its to keep a load of train track, Play food ect. Has any one got these? my thought is maybe 2! so i can wheel them out!!

Any other ideas?

Thanks Lou

angeldelight
20-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I have had something like this in the past

They are handy but just make sure look at how much they measure first

Some can look a lot bigger in the book

I had to take some back once because they were so small

If you measure them you can see then also if they will fit into your space

Angel xx

Angela234
20-06-2008, 06:16 PM
I have one of those i keep near the play kitchen with play food pans plates
toaster ect ect easy draws for the kids to open and shut quite sturdy as well so would be ideal for many things

Angela

kindredspirits
20-06-2008, 06:20 PM
i've got the smaller, thinner one - and to be honest i think its rubbish! might be ok for what you need - although its probably smaller than the picture suggests, but you can always take it back to argos if you're not happy - my one the wheels keep falling off and the plastic bows a bit - but i did get it from littlewoods i think so it might be a different brand.

angeldelight
20-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I actually got rid of mine

I think they are strong if you only want light things in them but I put heavier things like toy cars etc and did not find it to be very good for that

Would be ideal for space under stairs though I would imagine

Asda also do some really cheap storage boxes

Angel xx

Angela234
20-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I have only got light plastic things in mine as i said above so maybe it might depend what you need to put in it mine has fair size draws

Angela

louise
20-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh im off to Asda in the morning much to hubbies delight. Ill have a look.

I checked the size. I was worried about the draws. I need to put Bob the builder toys, train set and someother bits. So it might get heavy. I was thinking about taking the draw out that is needed.

Ideally i need a big shelf along the side to put boxes on and have buggies and hoover under it. I can wish.

katickles
20-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I had something like this - It wasn't very good to be honest. If you do overload then it will be impossible to manouvre (sp).

I'd say a trip to Ikea to hubby if he thinks Asdas bad - he'll soon be happy to do Asda in the morning :laughing:

louise
20-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Hum i never set foot in Ikea. Its too far and not hubbies idea of fun. Another reason i should learn to drive.

Monkey1
20-06-2008, 08:51 PM
A minder can never have enough storage x

Donkey
20-06-2008, 10:02 PM
I love Ikea, I have a money off voucher for them, soon as I can bribe oh, I am off shopping for storage, I just need to figure where its going first

donnahay0
20-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Well what an evening - choice of men and storage. Doesn't take much to keep me happy, I might even have a bar of chocolate.

I have storage under my stairs. It used to be such a clutter zone and I too hated getting everything out in order to get at whatever I needed right from the back. Anyway, we sorted out this problem by buying some cheap brackets and shelves from Ikea. We made (well I mean hubby made) shelves to fit. then I put the storage boxes onto the shelves. In front of the shelves sits my laundry basket, shoe box and hoover which I can pull out without much hassle.

It worked out quite cheap.

jo f
21-06-2008, 07:43 AM
I have 2 of them argos storage drawers. One is for all the nappies, spare clothes etc- a drawer per child
The other has various toys which the children can access in- although as said before you can't put things in which are too heavy.
I find them great!

louise
21-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Well i went for it. I ended up with two!Managed just to squeeze the bits it apart from train track. I can just get the draws out while it is under the stairs. I shouldn't of done it with my DS about as he kept pulling bits out. Mind you we found hubbies yearly train ticket in the food box. He couldn't find it on Mon i had forgotten they had, had the food out. He had to pay for a replacement but can claim it back.

I have two spare trays which im going to put the younger puzzels in. As they are in my ds room. I have realised i need to stop buying toys!!! I could open up a toy library.

Lou

miffy
21-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I have realised i need to stop buying toys!!! I could open up a toy library.

Lou

Join the club!!!

Pleased you got your storage sorted - you'll probably need more before too long :rolleyes:

miffy xx