View Full Version : Still no sign of payment

03-11-2012, 11:15 AM

I was on here yesterday but just after some more advice.

So I have not been paid by a parent who I gave notice to on the 25th October. In hindsight maybe I should have waited until she paid me but me being nice gave notice so that she had the half term to look (lo is tto) and then the notice would start after the half term and she would then have another 4 weeks to find alternative childcare.

Basically she pays me by childcare vouchers and normally on the 25th requests the money and I receive email on the 1st to confirm payment and then it appears in my account a few days later. I am fine with it not appearing in account straight away as I knew money was coming.

Anyway this month so far I have not been paid. I have checked with the childcare voucher company and they have confirmed that no payment has been requested by the parent. I have text her and emailed yesterday morning but have had no response. My mum thinks I should give her the benefit of the doubt and she may be on holiday and forgotten but she has been on childcare.co.uk looking for childcare so would have access to emails and most people would have their phone on while on holiday but my Husband thinks differently and wants me to phone her. He feels that she will not be bringing lo back on Tuesday so I might as well start chasing for the money now. But I am not sure what to say even if I did phone her and I was thinking of leaving it until Monday.

I have checked my contract and it states if I have not received payment after 10days I will then terminate the contract so that means if she does drop lo off on Tuesday and has still not paid I will still contractually have to look after lo until the end of next week. Also I have in contract that I will start charging £10 a day after 10days for late payment. Maybe I should look to change that in the future. What do others do?

If she does decide to not turn up Tuesday, will she still owe me for the 4 weeks notice?

Just after a bit of advice of what to do next.



03-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I would contact your insurers on Monday and get their advice.
I am with MM. I can withhold care for a child if payment is not received so in your position if she did bring her child on Mon I would refuse care until the invoice is paid. I also have in my contracts that I charge 10% per day of outstanding monies. I have had to charge this twice in the past and it wasn't liked much but I don't like not being paid on time either, so tough.
Good luck. It doesn't sound to me like she has any intention of paying you. :panic:


03-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Bless you, I really feel for you. Its so unfair when this happens, but you never know she may pay you in cash Tuesday (fingers crossed) odd you have heard nothing back tho.

Good luck and I hope it all works out - I have a new parent this week and already she is messing me around with payment, so unfair.

Let us know the outcome


03-11-2012, 03:11 PM
It is not normally advised to ring or text etc.

You should take advice on Monday from your insurer - they will advise you to put it in writing following your terms and conditions.

So you will say - You owe me £xx and it needs to be paid by xdatex.

Then you wait until the date and if it is not paid you take further advice.

Hth :D