PDA

View Full Version : checks via ofsted

tinks carer
02-11-2012, 10:32 AM
ok so i have sent of our forms health dec, crb disclosures and im still waiting for three of these to be returned ( waiting for over 35 days now )

well i recieved a telephone call from Ofsted on Monday requesting that i do a new course one that is approved by my local authority ( thought i had already cypop 5 ) any way i had to ring the local authority to get them to say Yes it was a pre approved course ....so thats all sorted :clapping:

But now i just rang to check everything is now sorted when the girl tells me that all checks are back from Social services but not my 19 yr old daughters ....have i missed something or is this normal procedure ?

sarah707
02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Social services checks are part of the CRB and done for everyone over 16 in the household... so yes if they are waiting for that one it will hold you up.

Hopefully SS will do it quickly. Fingers crossed :D

tinks carer
02-11-2012, 10:53 AM
ok but when i mentioned the crb checks she said it was something completely different ....im so confused :blush:

all three crb checks are at the police check stage 4 and have been for ages :( although my 21 yr old one came back within 4 days !

bunyip
02-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes. I believe they do SS checks as well as CRB checks. It's in case anything was ever reported to SS, but which didn't end up as a conviction (ie. a cause for concern that wouldn't be highlighted by a CRB disclosure.)

This held up my application, as they had to check SS for the different places I'd lived within the last 5 years.

Forunately it is something that can be chased up. I think mine was just sitting at the bottom of a LA clerk's in-tray. :rolleyes: