PDA

View Full Version : Cant believe this

JCrakers
02-11-2012, 08:59 AM
My dd friend has been ill for a few days now with sickness. Been in bed all day Monday and Tuesday.

Phone rings Tuesday night and it's dd friends number so I let dd take it. DD passes phone over, Mum wanted to speak to me :D

Conversation went a bit like this:

Mum: Hi, You alright...I was wondering if you could have xxx for me tomorrow because she cant go to school as she's been sick and not feeling well.
Me: Errrmmmm.... (speechless icon) :rolleyes:

:laughing:

Some people...!!

migimoo
02-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Oh My God!!!...I'm sure you told her very politely to bog off-cheeky mare!:panic:

JCrakers
02-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Oh My God!!!...I'm sure you told her very politely to bog off-cheeky mare!:panic:

I certainly did :D

Cant believe she thought I would a.) Want to have her dd when she's ill and b.) be able to have her with all the other kids I've got that day

sarah707
02-11-2012, 11:12 AM
I totally agree with your response... but I do feel for parents who are pressured into going to work when their children are ill :(

I hope your lo's friend gets better over the weekend :D

JCrakers
02-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I totally agree with your response... but I do feel for parents who are pressured into going to work when their children are ill :(

I hope your lo's friend gets better over the weekend :D

Yes i think she was struggling as she needed to go into work on the Weds. I half expected her dd to call round on the Weds morning when she sent her dd to school :blush: (she always calls for dd to walk down to school)

She's been off all week. Really ill so definitely needed her bed not coming here :(