PDA

View Full Version : Ok what will I do?!

smurfette
01-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Gosh this job is so hard sometimes when it come to balancing part time hours!! I currently have an issue ,, last week I saw two sets of parents both of which wanted the same space. Parent a wants a January start, for a four or five day week, parent b wants a march space for 3/4/5 day week she doesn't know which. Parent b has been talking to me on and off and really wanted the space even before she met me and confirmed it the night I met her. Baby is Esp precious I am guessing ivf or some such and I really wanted to help her, and as parent a never got back to me I offered the space to parent a for march with a retainer to be paid from january from when space is available. However ... Parent a this morning has come back and said she wants to use me, work have confirmed a 4 day week. Now depending on days parent b wants I may be able to fit both in.. But parent a doesn't yet know what days she needs or whether work will give her a reduced rate and she is afraid to push work on it and I feel is fobbing me off. She apparently has signed contract and sent it in post to me, agreeing retainer and weekly fee. I am to be honest a bit afraid she may not go back to work when she says if at all, as she said as much but she is afraid hubby's job isn't secure.

It's a long way Til march would I be stupid to turn parent b away for the January start??!!! What will I dooooooo????

smurfette
01-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Sorry that should say whether work will give her a reduced week not rate!!

Rubybubbles
01-11-2012, 04:51 PM
go with the one that feels right deep down!

The Juggler
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Sorry that should say whether work will give her a reduced week not rate!!

i would be honest with them. Tell them both you have 2 parties interested and you need confirmation this week and a contract signed, with deposit now to hold the space as you don't want to turn the other one away and find out you have no work.

I would say it first to the parent you are most confident about, then if they don't come up with the goods, offer the same deal to second parent. If they do, go to second parent and say you are really sorry but whilst you were waiting to find out the details of the days, someone came to you with confirmed hours and a deposit and you coudl not afford to turn down the work as they still didn't know.

FussyElmo
01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
ok little confused you say parent b confirmed she wanted the space - did you sign contracts etc with her? And now parent a has got back saying she wants the place.

think you need to find out the days parent a wants but I wouldn't be turning away parent b if I had said she had a place.

if your gut (gosh I should like Leroy Gibbs) tells you parent a is likely to mess you around then I would be listening to what I thought else you may end up with no one to take the space :thumbsup:

smurfette
01-11-2012, 06:28 PM
ok little confused you say parent b confirmed she wanted the space - did you sign contracts etc with her? And now parent a has got back saying she wants the place.

think you need to find out the days parent a wants but I wouldn't be turning away parent b if I had said she had a place.

if your gut (gosh I should like Leroy Gibbs) tells you parent a is likely to mess you around then I would be listening to what I thought else you may end up with no one to take the space :thumbsup:

Thanks fussyelMo yes it's the march parent I said could have the space but I haven't signed the contract .. And it is her I am worried about her not returning to work. The January one has confirmed hours and wants the space just rang today

jillplum
01-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I would think about taking the January one the telling the march one what days you can do for her. She can then try and fit around you. Alternately if March one def wants you then she will have to pay full fees from January or the same amount the Jan one will be paying. You could give her those two choices and see what she says.

samb
01-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Such a hard one. I would speak to parent b and say you have another parent who wants the space meaning if you took them on you would only be able to offer parent b particular days and that you would give her until the end of the week to confirm these days with work. Like you say, she may not even go back to work. Good luck - hope you work something out.