PDA

View Full Version : Arriving quietly

JCrakers
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I have 4 mindees arriving usually 3-4 days a week.

Three of them aged 6,8,8 and have got into a habit of racing to the door as they arrive at 8am. The two 8yr olds have known each other from birth and are in the same class/parents are friends etc.
So usually all I can hear outside the front door at 8am is a huge amount of shouting as they race to get here first and then a huge bang as they arrive at the door ramming into it. :rolleyes:
Recently Dad has joined in with the competition and encouraged them to get there first, shouting etc.

Now, I don't know if I'm being petty but its really starting to annoy me. I'm going to mention to parents tonight that I have had a word with the children about arriving quietly in a morning due to the noise level and the neighbours. I know the neighbours are up getting ready for work but I don't want to encourage a complaint.

Is it reasonable to mention it or is it just being petty?

mama2three
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Id mention it - it is very early and they need to learn to consider the feelings of those around them in society in all sorts of situations - at school age they are old enough to be considerate!

ajc
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Totally reasonable to mention it. I tell my lot not to shout in the street when we go to school too as you never know who is having a lie in.

Jo Jo
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes definitely mention it as they need to respect those around them such as your neighbours :thumbsup:

LittleLegsCM
01-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I have this same issue with a set of brothers that arrive at 7am during term time! I can literally hear them before they even hit my street!! I have had words with both the brothers and the mum but unfortunately for me it didnt seem to sink in at all :( I also had to stop them playing in the play room first thing as I'm sure the neighbours thought I was murdering them, the screams & crashing about were just madness!! Instead they get a choice of drawing/colouring, reading or a few cartoons before breakfast.

Hope you get a better response than I did!

vals
01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
in the morning i sit where i can see everyone arrive and I get to the door before the annoying thud or repeated bell pushing.
I had problems with parents parking across neighbours drives. I added a request on my newsletter saying a neighbour had complained. That way i wasn't blaming a particular parent.