PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion

Tatjana
31-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Childminder asking us to pay valetting costs (http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/working-childcare-692/childcare-691/842612-childminder-asking-us-pay-valetting-costs.html#post8439807)

k1rstie
31-10-2012, 07:13 PM
its making me laugh!!!:ROFL1:

not sure really what my thoughts are - i can see it from both sides:yawning:

Boris
31-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't think I would ask parents to pay for that, in fact I haven't when a LO was sick in my car. The car seat smelt for ages! Bit cheeky in my opinion.

Boris
31-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Having said that and just reading through the thread, some of them numpty mums need a poke in the eye. If my parents were muppets like that I might ask them to pay!

jellyelly
31-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure that I would of even thought to ask them to cover the costs!!
I am loving all the links to these netmums threads about childminders though ;) xx

Tatjana
31-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Oh dear, post no.9

Can't believe she's asking you for that they get enough money don't they I'd off to clean it myself if I was you hazards of the job xxxx good luck

AliceK
31-10-2012, 08:31 PM
I've had a child be very sick in the back of my car whilst I was driving her home. She and the carseat and carpet were covered :panic:. There is no way I would have even thought about asking her parents to pay for valeting. I drove home (about 5 miles) with 4 other children in the car, all the windows open and then when I had finished work I had to go and clean it all up - yuk. I hate sick, poo I can deal with, sick no!!! BUT it's a "perk" of the job isn't it :laughing:

xxxx

Pipsqueak
31-10-2012, 09:15 PM
you have GOT to love threads like that.... I find them hilarious particuarly the know it alls ......(clare springs to mind)

Lana10
31-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Just wow at some of the backlashing on that thread.Makes me :mad:

Pipsqueak
31-10-2012, 09:50 PM
they are SOOOO funny they crack me up....:D

honestly don't let them wind you up - laugh laugh laugh they can't help being afflicted with idiocy!

Tatjana
31-10-2012, 10:01 PM
you have GOT to love threads like that.... I find them hilarious particuarly the know it alls ......(clare springs to mind)

Claire knows more than us, wish I'd known we could claim back on so many things, get rebates AND also the special tax rate for childminders which is only a third?!?! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

rickysmiths
31-10-2012, 10:33 PM
:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1: You have to or you would :crying::crying::crying:

Pipsqueak
31-10-2012, 10:36 PM
VERY tempted to post a faux thread....

how about:

I am really upset, my child has been with our wonderful childminder for 6 months now and we choose her on the basis that she seemed very 'wholesome'.
You can imagine my surprise when my husband came home the other day after dropping our LO to say that he'd seen across the back of the childminders back and shoulders great big ugly tattoos.
To say we are not pleased is an understatement and we don't want our child exposed to this. To us tattoos are self mutilation and we don't want our child to think that is alright to mark their skin..
We are now unsure what to do, should we talk to the minder or should we just serve notice.

loocyloo
01-11-2012, 09:22 AM

how about:

I am really upset, my child has been with our wonderful childminder for 6 months now and we choose her on the basis that she seemed very 'wholesome'.
You can imagine my surprise when my husband came home the other day after dropping our LO to say that he'd seen across the back of the childminders back and shoulders great big ugly tattoos.
To say we are not pleased is an understatement and we don't want our child exposed to this. To us tattoos are self mutilation and we don't want our child to think that is alright to mark their skin..
We are now unsure what to do, should we talk to the minder or should we just serve notice.

somehow posted twice!

loocyloo
01-11-2012, 09:23 AM

how about:

LOL!!!! is it you??? there IS a thread like this .... mrs robbie williams has posted a link to one !!!

Pipsqueak
01-11-2012, 10:55 AM
LOL!!!! is it you??? there IS a thread like this .... mrs robbie williams has posted a link to one !!!

c'est Moi????? would I..........................