PDA

View Full Version : What does this link to

Bexboo1
30-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Mindee just been on computer playing on cbeebies. There was a harvest picture scene and you had to drag and drop different icon pictures eg pile of leaves, scarecrow, pumpkins etc to build up the picture. You can then print out your finished picture.

What areas would this cover. Mindee is 5.

Thanks

hectors house
30-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Understanding the world - technology - 2 options - completes simple program on computer or uses ICT hardware to interact with age appropriate software - if it was printed out that is using the hardware

Understanding the world - the world - looks closely at similarities, differences, patterns, change - well that is Autumn

Did mindee have to read instructions on the screen - if so - then also link to Literacy - reading

Was there any counting, matching or sorting involved that you could link to Maths

Physical - moving and handling - handles tools, objects etc safely and with control

and sure you could link it to Express Art & Design - it doesn't mention computers but could be uses simple tools and techniques appropriately

But I have probably got it all wrong as I am so far behind with writing up my observations that I'm still using old EYFS! So maybe wait for someone elses advice too. Sounds a good game though I have got 5 older mindees tomorrow - will take a look.

Bexboo1
30-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks so much. I am still trying to get to grips with the new EYFS. I don't normally use the computer with the mindees, but they seemed to be getting restless so I logged onto cbeebies for my 3 year old and saw this. It was a really simple programme, but they both loved it - the very fact they could create the picture by adding and moving icons etc. :jump for joy: